Where to start

Where to start

I’m wanting to build a full tube chassis I’m pretty capable of building it I just wanted to know as far as motor and transmission wise how much room should I leave in the front should they be in place right from the build or is it somthing I can build around. How are you guys starting from ice build three tube chassis rzr but they all was off a jig from my stock chassis thanks pic of my current chassis I built

Attachments

• 98506F74-58AF-4E99-A136-CB3EB8EC8D55.jpeg
    98506F74-58AF-4E99-A136-CB3EB8EC8D55.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 303
I’m wanting to build a full tube chassis. I’m pretty capable of building it, I just wanted to know as far as motor and transmission wise how much room should I leave in the front? Should they be in place right from the start of the build or is it something I can build around? How are you guys starting from? I've built three tube chassis rzr's, but they all were off a jig from my stock chassis. Thanks. Pic of my current chassis I built:
Thats a nice, clean RZR you got there. You should probably buy some punctuation so we can figure out what the heck you're trying to say. We're not looking for perfect (that comes later, you're still new here), just throw a period or question mark in occasionally ;)

I’m wanting to build a full tube chassis. I’m pretty capable of building it. I just wanted to know as far as motor and transmission, how much room should I leave in the front? Should they be in place from the beginning? Or is it something I can build around?
How are you guys starting? I have buildt three tube chassis rzr, but they all were off a jig from my stock chassis.

Thanks for the help fellas! You guys are so awesome, and I'm so happy to be a member of nc4x4. Here is a picture of my current chassis, that I built
FIFY

I don't see how you could start without having a mock-up engine and trans. You could fake the axles for a little while.

I’d go as far as saying you need motor trans transfercase, seats, fuel cell and radiator those are usually the biggest components on a chassis, and you have to decide how wide of seats you want and how close they are to each other to figure out cab width

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d go as far as saying you need motor trans transfercase, seats, fuel cell and radiator those are usually the biggest components on a chassis, and you have to decide how wide of seats you want and how close they are to each other to figure out cab width

Thanks man yeah I just bought a Sami for 400 bucks I was planing on using the axles and everything for it I was just curious if they was doing a full tube or using square as far as the base goes all the suspension wise I know how to do

Thanks man yeah I just bought a Sami for 400 bucks I was planing on using the axles and everything for it I was just curious if they was doing a full tube or using square as far as the base goes all the suspension wise I know how to do

Depends on who builds it some are using 2x4 tube to do the subframe then tube everything else.

Your going to be disappointed with Sami axles unless your swapping everything from a razor into it and running 31” tires. If your wanting a light weight buggy I’d look at Toyota stuff and stick to 37s

Depends on who builds it some are using 2x4 tube to do the subframe then tube everything else.

Your going to be disappointed with Sami axles unless your swapping everything from a razor into it and running 31” tires. If your wanting a light weight buggy I’d look at Toyota stuff and stick to 37s

It has Toyota axles in the Sami now. So that’s a plus

Back