Where to buy tires from?

Mac5005

In the past I have bought all my tires from summit racing for the fact that they have good pricing and quick (2 day) shipping to Eastern NC, will only a 12$ oversize shipping fee. Where do you guys buy you tires from locally? I would rather buy locally for the fact that the economy sucks right now, and more money into local businesses, the better the local economy is. And just to clarify, I'm not talking about car tires, I'm talking about tires in the 35" and up range, everything from Krawlers to Iroks, to Maxxis comp. stickies.

Thanks

I can get you Blue Label Krawlers or any BFG for a pretty smokin price, I can do okay on Interco products as well.
(Mods, I paid for a vendor membership but it has not shown up yet :driver:).

I buy mine from 4WP because of the warranty. Buying tires sucks, buying another one because you cut one down a month after you bought it sucks 10x as bad.

I'm shopping for tires at the moment also. I've found that Just Tires, Discount Tire and 4WP all have very similar warranties and received pretty good/similar quotes for out the door prices from all three.

I guess it just depends on what your looking for. If you want a warrenty than go for some of the places already listed, but they will never come close to the price that some of the vendors will give you. I suppose it's a gamble either way.

I would by from 4wheel parts, but ive ordered stuff from there on 3 occasions, and all 2 out of the 3 times, what i have gotten is wrong. All three times I went into the store, and they had to order the items, and when they got in they were wrong. Theyre prices arent THAT great in my opinion, at least not good enough to offset the fact of possibly getting the wrong thing. I ordered shocks, and they were wrong...completely wrong.. I ordered a ring and pinion, and it was wrong twice had to reorder twice....I will say that the manager there seems to be a stand up guy, he did his best to apologize for the errors, but it was still a hassle. THats just my .02

I would by from 4wheel parts, but ive ordered stuff from there on 3 occasions, and all 2 out of the 3 times, what i have gotten is wrong. All three times I went into the store, and they had to order the items, and when they got in they were wrong. Theyre prices arent THAT great in my opinion, at least not good enough to offset the fact of possibly getting the wrong thing. I ordered shocks, and they were wrong...completely wrong.. I ordered a ring and pinion, and it was wrong twice had to reorder twice....I will say that the manager there seems to be a stand up guy, he did his best to apologize for the errors, but it was still a hassle. THats just my .02

Was this all at the raleigh store? Or at different locations?

I always go with 4WP on off road tires the warranty is unmatched imho.
Just tire and discount tire apply only to road hazzard, if you tell them you sliced one open climbing a rock face at Tellico, you're screwed. 4WP says nice job, here ya go.

I watched an idiot run over a toilet and destroyed a sidewall on a 44 TSL at the old river bottom ORV and rode with him to 4WP in Charlotte and he told them the full story and they exchanged it no questions asked.

Seconded (Thirded? Fourthed? I dunno) on 4wp.

I didnt get the warranty (doh!) but they matched the prices for my tire that I found at Tirerack.com (131 a tire for 32" BFG's)

Called in the order, and the Charlotte 4wp had the tires mounted and ready to go the same day I ordered, not more than an hour after I called it in. They had mounted one of the tires backwards, and they were more than happy to remount the tire no problem..

I always go with 4WP on off road tires the warranty is unmatched imho. Just tire and discount tire apply only to road hazzard, if you tell them you sliced one open climbing a rock face at Tellico, you're screwed. 4WP says nice job, here ya go.
When I talked to Just Tires and Discount Tire, they both stated that their road hazard is no fault coverage and covers off-road damage. The DT guy even said "Now we won't come fix it on the trail ..... LOL" The JT guys said similar and said his coverage was 100% replacement down to 2/32. I don't have a horse in the race, I just wanted to clarify the warranty details a lil. I bought my Iroks at 4WP specifically for the warranty and b/c not everyone deals with large tires. I am still shopping for BFG's though. I think all three are close enough on price, I will end up going with whoever gives me the best price, not the one that matches it. This is a 100% local purchase though. I will probably end up at DT, 5 285/75 16 BFG AT OTD for $1015

ive been looking for a set on 35" maxxis creepy crawlers.....and i havent found any local dealers ( havent checked discount tire or just tires) and the best price is though rough country, and that is $240 something a tire

I bought my 35 Maxxis CC at Down East Offroad. Good price and good people. 252-246-9440

Dont get me started on Down East....I grew up in Rocky Mount....I know All about them......i personally wouldnt spend a dime there, even if I had to...I wouldnt, but good to know they are a dealer, thanks for the info.

I have bought Maxxis tires from Murray's tire near Ray Price HD. Had to be ordered but not bad on price. They have great used tires mostly.

Back