wheeling season plans...

marty79

Hey guys/gals, my goals this year are to travel to 3 parks at least: GER, Kairos, Windrock
Whose planning to go to any of these places in the next several months in case they might be open to another wheeler.
I'm not built like I've been in the past years but my ZJ can handle it's own for a 37-40" tire class. Windrock is really the main park that I'm not trying to go alone for the first time since it's so massive and my rig isn't built for the "high speed" gravel access roads lol, would be nice to have a group that knows the ins and outs of easier/quicker ways to get to decent trails.
Nothing set in stone yet but trying to get a feel for plan making. Yall have a blessed week

I must have missed it, what happened to your last rig (Tahoe was it?) and what is your ZJ like?

I must have missed it, what happened to your last rig (Tahoe was it?) and what is your ZJ like?
when I bought my house I let it go.
My current rig is just a ZJ with welded axles, grooved 37s, doubler, 4link/3link. nothing fancy, it's actually mostly built from customers/friends leftover parts LOL, so it's more like my community built rig. Everyone has a little piece in it. A friend just donated a dual ended ram for it, another buddy is donating a PSC TC Pump and resi. The only part I built tough is the doubler (can't cheap out on that otherwise it won't work/hold up properly) and my driveshafts are stupid beef (ghetto but strong as crap). Everything else is kinda pieced together with this and that, no fancy work basically. I've got about $900 in it but dam it performs really well for being just that...Oh and working Heat and AC!! :D

But soon I will have Chromolly shafts and some expensive ball joints. I've already done the knuckle gussets, arms are drilled and double sheared on both sides with 7/8 heims as well. So within next few months, front will be pretty bulletproof for 37s and deal with rear later haha.
I'm not in a hurry to go Tons cause it honestly does so well I hate to change anything on it, it flexes amazing for it's current setup and just downright works so I'm not changing anything.

This is 10inch shocks and still has tiny bit to go..not bad for 900 *hitbox lol (his are 40s).
Them Patagonia are killing it now hehe
20240329_162135.jpg
20240329_162056.jpg
20240315_141952.jpg

Yes that's a trussed and 4linked Dana Turdy5 lol (somehow I've broken 2 sets of normal ball joints and 2 front shafts but rear is holding up welded completely to itself hehe)

Back