What would be the best lift for this truck?

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD

A friend of mine has a 1998 Chevrolet 1500 Suburban that he wants to put a lift on and wants to know what the best kind of lift is for him to buy. Thanks. He wants a 6 inch suspension lift and a 2 inch body lift. ANY HELP HERE?? THANKS!!!

krawler :driver:

PS. These guys are my CRAZY country boys and they will go 4 wheeling with 40+inch groundhawgs or 44 inch boggers or whatever on their 10 bolts. HAHAHA!!! GOOD SHOWS!!!! and they dont break stuff that often either. GOT TO LOVE MUDBOGGING!!!!!! :D :driver: :smokin:

good looking post! :flipoff2:

i'd have to say the Rancho or Fabtech lifts are about the cleanest/best designed lifts for these trucks that i've seen. not sure about who has the best deal on them, shop around (ebay :rolleyes: ) most shops will cut you some slack if you buy the product and the install from them.

whatever he does, tell him to take it easy on that 10 bolt! :driver: :D :lol: :huggy:

Hahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks BIGREDASSEDJEEP!!!! I didnt know my post need to be judged. :D And to rockcity thanks but no thanks. I dont deal with the CRS crowd. I will go another route. I was asking more for the best type of lift and not where to get it put on. LOL!!!

Just have them weld drop spring hangars 6" lower.. the mudders seem to love it.

Don't forget the z-bar drag link to address the steering!

I would look at the stuff at Offroad Design assuming it is SFA, they have a good shackle flip kit that is beefy for the rear.

EDITED TO SAY THX FOR USING PARAGRAPHS TOO, heh! :D

Sam

Ahh, this is my speciality!

I got a 1500 Z71 that has basically the same setup. I have a superlift 6" kit that's been tweaked here and there and also has a 3" body lift. I personally wouldn't recomend procomp/rancho/fabtech because they charge a whole lot for a 6" kit just because they say it "rides better" (BS). You can get a Superlift or Rough country lift for bout 1000 whereas for those other kits you have to pay like 1500. Body lifts run a little over 100 I got mine right at that off ebay. If he seriously doesnt care about tire size on axles than i would say run 38's with that setup or cut the fenders and run 40's, but like I said only if he doesn't care about huge tires on smaller axles. otherwise 37's would be as tall as I would go.

Dude If you need this stuff installed I can do it all, it'll be super easy because it'll be just like doing my truck all over agian, just let me know. I have even done a body lift on my friends burban b4 as well.

You got any questions shot me a pm. Like I said this is my speciality.

Ricky

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD said:
PS. These guys are my CRAZY country boys and they will go 4 wheeling with 40+inch groundhawgs or 44 inch boggers or whatever on their 10 bolts. HAHAHA!!! GOOD SHOWS!!!! and they dont break stuff that often either. GOT TO LOVE MUDBOGGING!!!!!! :D :driver: :smokin:

Super! Another underbuilt heavy rig to clog the trails! http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3659 :flipoff2:

back to your post

Make sure he gets a lift with a welded one piece sub frame, two piece or a "one piece" that is several pieces bolted together suck. I bent my bolt together one on the street w/ 35's. Now i have the Rancho 4" which is really a 6" lift.

On the other hand for a quality ifs lift it is big $$$$ so tell him to save up and go solid front axle. IFS with big tires.....especially wheeling is a whole lot more money in the long run.

And as far as CRS goes.....thats your business but Andy will continue to get mine.

rockcity said:
Andy definatley knows what he is doing, he won't steer you wrong. If you tell him you want to put 44's on a 10 bolt and he calls u a dumb ass it's probally because he knows it's going to break--- therefore trying to save you trail breakage in the future

Josh

Back