What size tires can I put on a stock TJ?

Macdaddy4738

Ive got 31x10.50's on it now, but the more I look at it..the more I wonder if I can fit 32's on it...

I heard TJ's can fit 31's stock, but then when I look at my Quadratec magazines it has lift kits for the TJ to fit 31" tires...which seems foolish to sell if it fits them stock...

That depends on what you want to do with the Jeep.
If it won't see any offroad action you can put 32-33's on it but you won't have any flex room in the wheel wells.
I had 32 TSL's on my stock Jeep and they fit fine.
Here's a pic of 32's with no lift:
ai23.photobucket.com_albums_b376_toriwill2_100_0928.jpg

yes you can :)

it really depends on what wheels your running and what you think is acceptable for rubbing..

Way way way back when i had a TJ and it was stock i wheeled it for almost 2 years unlifted w/ 32 BFG ATs i had people tell me i couldn't do it even as they stood next to it...

The key is your rim offset. I was using the stock wheels and when the axles flexed (sway bars unhooked) it would just clear the flare and flex up under the flare perfectly..

In certain situations the tire would rub on top of the coils/shock mounts but just enough to rub the paint off. It would also rub some on the top of the fender again just barely.. It flexed enough to fully hit/use the bump stops so i was happy with that...

Pick sort showing wheel/tire tuck on sides..

I time warped these with my jeep not seeing any off road action from 1998 for you to see :)

yag_flex_01.jpg

yag_uw_04.jpg

I wheel fine with my 31's as it is now...I may just stick with those.

What size lift would I need to run 32 or 33's with reasonable flex in my suspension? Im not running stock wheels either...not sure what they are though.

go with a 2" budget boost, 1" body lift, 1" motor mount lift. Great flex on 32's! This got me just as many places as most 4" lifts for much cheaper. I also had stock canyons w/ 1.25 spidertrax wheel spacers.

just put some nice 2.5 inch spacers on a tj ... they were cheap and easy to install ... i may be able to get some info. for u ... call me at 828 217 1602

just put some nice 2.5 inch spacers on a tj ... they were cheap and easy to install ... i may be able to get some info. for u ... call me at 828 217 1602

Id call, but currently I dont think I have the cash to spend on my Jeep...just asking for the future..

Unless of course we are talking about cheap stuff (under 200 haha) then Im in for it.

Very simple to install coil spacers you just stick them on top of your coils and thats that.

And you can get a set of 2" coil spacers for like $40

http://www.go2rdsi.com/racing/jeep/tj/tjstore1.html

Id do that and disconnect the sway bars get flat fenders, comp cut the rear fenders and then you can buy my 38.5 tsl sx's from me :driver:

Ok maybe not :D but id def get that cheapo 2" kit and disconnest the sway bars and run like 33's minimum if it were me

Back