What I've been working on lately (XJ)

PhantomXJ1

started off with a base of 5.5" and 32" swampers. Bumped up a few inches and got a set of 36" iroks. still have a ways to go, but I'm at the size I wanted. let the twieking begin.

ai68.photobucket.com_albums_i37_phantomxj_36s.jpg

ai68.photobucket.com_albums_i37_phantomxj_36s2.jpg

to answer PM's:

d30 front (ehhh?)
F8.8 rear
4.56 gears
Locked F/R
~8.5" Rusty's lift
intake
high flow exhaust
Drop brackets
Adjustable control arms (upper and lower)
Rusty's steering conversion (getting Tereflex highsteer soon!)
A/A SYE and Tom Wood driveshaft
.....whole lot more

unforutanately not. I've got alot of friends that run the d30 with the IROKS. they are just such a light tire. not that they don't have problems, but nothing major, and not that frequent. I do plan on swapping both axles in the future, but I'll bullet proof what I got, and they'll sell better when that time comes.

Cool jeep man. Looks like fun!

if you're going to be a retard and trespass at ligon mill, at least don't post the pics on the board.:shaking:

Man....I bet you are fun to hang out with. :D

nah troy wouldnt do anything illegal. all powerline trails look the same. how can you say that this one is ligon mill?

Power line trail=illegal wheeling no matter where it is:shaking:, unless you have written permission which I don't think you have in these pics.

Power line trail=illegal wheeling no matter where it is:shaking:, unless you have written permission which I don't think you have in these pics.

you don't see it in my dash? I keep it there for when I take pics.

look, I know you guys are all about it but I'm going to wheel where I can wheel. I'm not going to wait weeks and months on end just to go wheeling in URE. my backyard is trails. the guys we wheel with are very responsible and pic up alot of trash and debris from others that go out to where we wheel to dump trash, "fuel a fire." we even make it a point sometimes to get a trailer down where we wheel and pic up the bigger objects such as computer desks, old washers and driers, bags of trash...and stuff like that. I do my part to help, "put the fire out." I'm sorry you all only drive to URE to wheel. we've talked to many police officials out there over the years, and none ever say anything because they don't care. they just say be careful and on your way. they make sure there is no underage drinking or drugs going on, but I've never been told to leave or stop what I was doing. and just for the record there is a town police officer that goes out there and cleans and wheels with us. once again, I'm sorry to make you all upset. just wanted to show pics of my rig.

yeah i actually have a set of power lines that are owned by a friend of mine that we go to sometimes. any time i have ever taken pics of it people think it is ligon mills.

look, I know you guys are all about it but I'm going to wheel where I can wheel. I'm not going to wait weeks and months on end just to go wheeling in URE. my backyard is trails. the guys we wheel with are very responsible and pic up alot of trash and debris from others that go out to where we wheel to dump trash, "fuel a fire." we even make it a point sometimes to get a trailer down where we wheel and pic up the bigger objects such as computer desks, old washers and driers, bags of trash...and stuff like that. I do my part to help, "put the fire out." I'm sorry you all only drive to URE to wheel. we've talked to many police officials out there over the years, and none ever say anything because they don't care. they just say be careful and on your way. they make sure there is no underage drinking or drugs going on, but I've never been told to leave or stop what I was doing. and just for the record there is a town police officer that goes out there and cleans and wheels with us. once again, I'm sorry to make you all upset. just wanted to show pics of my rig.

So if a town police officer helps me run drugs its ok?..just because cops are cool with it doesn't mean the land owner is and won't prosecute you. Ask some people from greensboro about the "hole" off of Stanley. Then when you go to court for illegal wheeling it just makes one more case/news article that people trying to close our legal trails can google and screw us with. Shit if you're gonna wheel where you can wheel I might as well come and wheel your front lawn...Hell, lets ride your logic train a little further,what if my passtime is, I dunno, punching pregnant women in the stomach? Sure its illegal but fawk it. Or hey, I know. The owner of that vagay-nay doesn't want me in there...ah screw it I want to...see my point? Besides, you knew no one on this board likes illegal wheeling, why are you gonna douche it up and post the pics?

It's a great thing that you do these things & I am glad you do them. The fact is that allot of greenies are looking for ammo. When folks post pics of wheeling on the power lines they get their said ammo. You have to be resposnable enough to be aware of what you post & where. Pic's like thes wether legal or not do nothing but help get good places to wheel shutdown.

That is why the folks around here are giving you a rash of :poop: for the pics.

Nice rig by the way.

Man....I bet you are fun to hang out with. :D
i don't know, you tell me... you've met me in person. if respecting private property makes me a no fun having asshole, then i guess i am.

nah troy wouldnt do anything illegal. all powerline trails look the same. how can you say that this one is ligon mill?
dude, please... it's obvious where those pics are taken because every other idiot that posts pics is posing in the same spot. when you quit living off your daddy, maybe you'll understand the problem here.

i don't even know where to start with this. you're full of it if you think people haven't been given trespassing tickets for going out there or if you think the land owner likes what goes on. this specific area and those topics have been discussed eleventy billion times here. the FACTS are that the land owner has requested for the wake co. sherriff's department to issue citations to anyone caught out there. they even organized a "crackdown" a couple of years ago where they went in on atv's and 4wd's to catch people.

you've got the time to do all these grand gestures, but you can't make the 2 hour or less drives to uwharrie, dpg, carolina beach, etc.? it's great that you are responsible when you go there, but that's not the point. someone just looking at your pictures doesn't know that. it also doesn't make any difference that some random cops say it's okay. their name isn't on the deed either, is it? it would be one thing if this was public land and you were trying to make some sort of point/protest about allowing access. there's just no excuse or justification for private land though.

my personal issue doesn't lie so much on it being illegal. i break the law plenty myself, and what you do in your personal life is mostly your business. the bottom line here is it's private property though, and that negates any argument you've got.

what if my passtime is, I dunno, punching pregnant women in the stomach? Sure its illegal but fawk it.
it's perfectly acceptable as long as you're nice to them otherwise or clean them.:flipoff2:

Back