What have you done to your rig today?

pulled it out. discovered a front axle leak out the long tube. discovered the prop valve is leaking. guess need to pick up some teflon tape? wired up the speakers and took a test drive to test the brakes after another tweak - stops much better. found the rear lines were pinched shut with the flex tube.

pulled it out. discovered a front axle leak out the long tube. discovered the prop valve is leaking. guess need to pick up some teflon tape? wired up the speakers and took a test drive to test the brakes after another tweak - stops much better. found the rear lines were pinched shut with the flex tube.
Should be inverted flare, in which case the seal is the flare. Tighten it up or reflare it.

Thinking of doing the same myself. Which amp did you go with?
One that was in the jeep already, it's a small rockford fosgate. Honestly I was being cheap which is why I keep it, I was eyeballing a few different marine grade amps with Bluetooth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I looked at it. And the axle to go in it. Got to bring it to my buddies to plasma the perches off so I can move them and bolt it in. Won't be able to weld it till I got the power train in for pinion angle.. which means I need to finish the front 4 link. (Finish welding/gusset upper frame mounts, fab Coil buckets, track bar, steering linkage) like @ckruzer I will be rwd till I put the axle shafts back in the dirty thirty xj front. Heck, Im not even sure how buried my build thread is, been nearly a year.

I looked at it. And the axle to go in it. Got to bring it to my buddies to plasma the perches off so I can move them and bolt it in. Won't be able to weld it till I got the power train in for pinion angle.. which means I need to finish the front 4 link. (Finish welding/gusset upper frame mounts, fab Coil buckets, track bar, steering linkage) like @ckruzer I will be rwd till I put the axle shafts back in the dirty thirty xj front. Heck, Im not even sure how buried my build thread is, been nearly a year.

Maybe you won’t get yelled at by strangers in town while driving like I was

“Where’s your driveshaft!”

I LOLd

I finally put my decals on.
20180224_140514.jpg

1F51C2F3-BE29-4012-A0D3-DAD507DDF392.jpeg
B49C5433-7042-4A45-90F7-271A3CCB8CA7.jpeg
CF184016-71BF-4F2E-B6E6-7C28463EC679.jpeg
Got my new front axle in. It’s been completly gone thru with new seals, Spicer joints, Chromoly shafts with full circle clips, and gussets on all brackets. It also has 4:88 gears and a Spartan Locker. The matching 8.8 goes in next.

Here is a shot of my steering box brace. It clamps onto the box, and uses a pillow block below the pitman arm. It runs to both sides of the “frame” and my bumper also braces the steering box. I got the brace from @IronManAndy and I’m very happy with it. Install was super easy.

Not sure what happened to that post...

I also swapped the Tcase for one with a new chain and SYE while the long arms were off. What a pain. I wish I had a 3 piece cross member. I should have serviced my transmission while it was out. All of the bolts were stripped so I had to fish nuts into the frame with new bolts. After I tightened the last bolt I realized it also blocked the tranny, I was not about to take it back off.

BTW I’m in need of a front drive shaft for an auto XJ. 2 actually.

That steering box brace is Awesome.

Not sure what happened to that post...

I also swapped the Tcase for one with a new chain and SYE while the long arms were off. What a pain. I wish I had a 3 piece cross member. I should have serviced my transmission while it was out. All of the bolts were stripped so I had to fish nuts into the frame with new bolts. After I tightened the last bolt I realized it also blocked the tranny, I was not about to take it back off.

BTW I’m in need of a front drive shaft for an auto XJ. 2 actually.
Check pull a part, @adamk has what factory part numbers you need.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Check pull a part, @adamk has what factory part numbers you need.

Yeah I will run down there sometime. Was hoping maybe someone close by had one laying around. I used to go all the time, but it’s been a while. Seems they were getting more expensive with all the fees last time. That’s probably my best and cheapest option though.

Yeah I will run down there sometime. Was hoping maybe someone close by had one laying around. I used to go all the time, but it’s been a while. Seems they were getting more expensive with all the fees last time. That’s probably my best and cheapest option though.
Maybe DH Griffin or 109 u pull it but never been to either.

Finally fixed a messed up tie rod hole and installed the rear driveshaft, found a caliper that won’t let me bleed it, and I’ve still gotta put the intake manifold back on it and top off the fluids.
d35b4ce289abd4cb10db44d4cc2fd0de.jpg

Back