What have you done to your rig today?

I love real data! Front 60's are heavy. Make sure you run em with recentered H1 beadlocks with the 1 piece rubber runflats still inside on the heaviest load range E swampers you can find (mine were 38" SX's and weighed out right at 170lbs per corner!)
KMC double locks and 43 SX stickies.

Neighbor has atm with D44/D60 on military 37's and swears it's the best rig ever. He's still stuck on his driveway ice while we drive the 2wd xterra all over haha.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

New hubs! Lost my dead blow hammer so screwed up two studs and had to go buy two from two diff parts stores... a 30min job turned into a 2 hour job after driving to each store! Smh
IMG_1546.JPG

Removed a leaf in the front packs and replaced the busted trail gear frame shackle bushings in the 4runner. The TG bushings crumbled within 3 years and max 8 trips. Also extended the spring clamps to run bolts.
323314f7a50d92b966f0e15f6f26c4c3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Rear springs are finally in, just gotta install the shocks now.

D69C9712-98FE-4BBF-8256-5D2941357D59.jpeg
02296944-D395-4A29-B3A9-843DF8148019.jpeg

Once I’ve gotten that wrapped up I’m going to try to get the damn thing started.
It’s hasn't ran in... 3? 4? years.

I think I’m going to unhook the fuel line running to the carb and run some fuel through the line to make sure there’s no crud in the tank; I have no idea how much gas was in it when I last drove it.

Replaced the thermostat. No wonder it wasn't getting up to temp
189657b4c2cd63ca0e440ad18c993d86.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Looks like you needed to change the oil in your thermostat...

Started cleaning up the front axle housing and got one tire sorta mounted. Gotta order new hardware for the beadlocks.

index.php

index.php

index.php
I hated having to buy new hardware for mine, didn't realize how quickly those bolts & washers add up! I ordered from Chassis Unlimited, they seemed to have the best deal (at least at that time) ;)

I hated having to buy new hardware for mine, didn't realize how quickly those bolts & washers add up! I ordered from Chassis Unlimited, they seemed to have the best deal (at least at that time) ;)

Ordered from eBay last night, found a tool/hardware place that had good prices on packs of 100. Got new 3/8-16 x 1.5" grade 8 bolts, nylon lock nuts and washers. Should be here Friday.

Drained way more bad gas out of the tank than I would have liked. Maybe about 5 gallons? Then unhooked the gas line at the carb and pumped some fresh fuel through the lines (electric pump).

Then the girls let me know nap time was over :rolleyes:

I think my whole neighborhood smells like turpentine now..

4D49C567-5CB2-4167-9C18-66F9B821E0E9.png

If the weather holds out I’m going to try to get it started tomorrow. IF it starts I’ll move forward with changing the oil

The P.O. strikes again. The accelerator pump arm was adjusted so tight that it wore the diaphragm out and wouldn’t squirt any fuel.
The funny thing is, from what I recall it didn’t drive bad.
I wonder if the power valve is bad?
Good thing I’m a hoarder and have Holley carb parts in my tool box :)
9107BB40-DC4E-4F77-897D-FA4FEF29BE3C.jpeg

I’m going to hopefully throw a new power valve and pump diaphragm on it tomorrow and maybe THEN get it started... weather and nap time permitting.

Back