What have you done to your rig today?

zx98PTq.jpg

Not a rig, but I welded a receiver on my, new to me trailer for a winch. Bought a cheap ass winch off eBay for $200 shipped. Put together some quick connects and some cable to reach a quick connect that I installed at the battery on the expedition. It will be nice to pick up the two parts cars I'm getting this weekend. I would have liked it behind the rail, but this was the easiest for me to do, at the moment.
bb0c04eb98763d0e799f6a0bb48ba4b2.jpg
560a04da00297e50425d44c3164a8722.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

When I did mine, I put qc's front and rear and setup the winch on a cradle so I can move it front rear or to the trailer.. Oh and my jumper cables have the qc at one end so they can be used front rear out with the winch if a vehicle doesn't have qc and wants to borrow the winch or trailer and winch

I will one day... :(

Got my new header panel ready last night. Also finally got around to getting the valves out of the heads. Only got one done though, going to do the other tonight. I'm in Haywood county, where here, or in Buncombe, could I take the heads to get them cleaned? Or should I try and do it myself? Just don't really feel like sitting there scrubbing, lol. If I do, what's the best cleaner?

Once they're clean I need to check them for cracks, not seeing any so far, but don't want to be surprised after its all back together. Also really don't want to buy new ones. After that's done though I'll be able to start reassembly.

I got the same thing when I Googled 79 Ford Dana 60 camber issues...it was a thread that I had started :rolleyes:

With huge help from @BUCKEYE PERFORMANCE INC. we did a good inspection up under the TJ and found a few different link brackets with stress cracks. We welded up the cracks along with adding some welds to the front LCA brackets. Also fixed the rear locker where the air line came loose inside the housing on Razorback at Dixie a few weeks ago. Checked over everything with the steering and front end. Resealed the diffs where they took a beating at Dixie and a full lube of everything. Big thanks to Chris!

With huge help from @BUCKEYE PERFORMANCE INC. we did a good inspection up under the TJ and found a few different link brackets with stress cracks. We welded up the cracks along with adding some welds to the front LCA brackets. Also fixed the rear locker where the air line came loose inside the housing on Razorback at Dixie a few weeks ago. Checked over everything with the steering and front end. Resealed the diffs where they took a beating at Dixie and a full lube of everything. Big thanks to Chris!
Your welcome and thanks for lunch!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Made a list of parts to get rid of the death wobble.
If you have ball joints on that list, take em off. I didn't have any death wobble with the worn slap out ones, and now with new ones I can't get over 25mph!

If you have ball joints on that list, take em off. I didn't have any death wobble with the worn slap out ones, and now with new ones I can't get over 25mph!
Well they WERE on the list. I think a lot of mine is uneven tires and steering damper

Well they WERE on the list. I think a lot of mine is uneven tires and steering damper
They are still a smart thing to replace. I think the problem with mine was that everything was worn out, so there was nothing for a harmonic frequency to resonate with because it was so sloppy. Now I just need to replace a couple tie rod ends and track bar bushings.

Back