What have you done to your rig today?

Cleaned the 8 years of crud off the waggy, also wired my starter solenoid. My idiot self spent half an hour trying to get it to work, only to realize I didnt have it grounded.... Oh well.

Attachments

• 20170717_195005.jpg
    20170717_195005.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 200
Aren't TJs biased to the front mainly from the engine? I was thinking the tire would provide better weight balance in the back on the tailgate.

Depends on what you're climbing

rock2.JPG

In that situation you need to mount it to the front.

If I could have fashioned a crane for it to hang 10ft off the front bumper Maybe I coulda climbed more!

jeepcrane050.jpg

Ordered an aluminum radiator and hood louvers for it.
After adding a couple degrees of timing to it (11.X:1 and only 8*) it gets a little warmer (210*) than it used to when flogging on it. I've been running a bone stock 1999 Ranger 3.0 V6 radiator all this time with a Volvo fan. Between the upgraded rad and louvers, I should be good to go under all conditions.

Ordered an aluminum radiator and hood louvers for it.
After adding a couple degrees of timing to it (11.X:1 and only 8*) it gets a little warmer (210*) than it used to when flogging on it. I've been running a bone stock 1999 Ranger 3.0 V6 radiator all this time with a Volvo fan. Between the upgraded rad and louvers, I should be good to go under all conditions.
Interested to see your results. I ran the stock 3.0 toyota V6 radiator in my 85 5.0 4runner for a few years. Finally upgraded to a universal summit aluminum radiator. I've been considering the hood recently, thinking they will help stop the headers from cooking the firewall and my feet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I lifted the rear of my xj hood 3/4" with spacers and longer bolts. Ac no longer gets significant warmer sitting still, heat soak is gone, and temps no longer climb but stays at 215* with the ac on parked for thirty minutes.. down side is if you roll the window down, it pulls heat straight in from under hood due to airflow when driving, but I'd say it was worth it. And you can put your hand on the hood now, before it was so hot you wouldn't lean on it but for a moment.

I bought 4 9/16-18 lug nuts so I could make the 62 a roller again....didn't feel like dropping $30 on a full set, plus these are all shiny and look weird on my truck. :rolleyes:

IMG_1628.JPG

Also cut off the bump stops and hung a fender to keep motivation up.

IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

Last edited:
Back