What have you done to your rig today?

Need to move the zuk chassis out of the shop and couldnt find the stock arms, so i whipped up some JF style control arms.

Made sure to put the painted side down for extra beef.

5e2d6a7ee069dc9b87e73133b6a10ab4.jpg

@Marty

Need to move the zuk chassis out of the shop and couldnt find the stock arms, so i whipped up some JF style control arms.

Made sure to put the painted side down for extra beef.

5e2d6a7ee069dc9b87e73133b6a10ab4.jpg

@Marty
Way to much thought and triangulation.

I'm boored and have a welder and case of [emoji481] so I decided to see what the tj would sound like straight piped. Doin' hoonigan fab straight up yo. Oh and my new skid plate quote.
7e7bb3aee31bc77ea6833cbe4856ab01.jpg
4085cdd3aeeccb361b36266ea1bd90b5.jpg
c07e340bc7e06b004069a85a4856bf00.jpg

Sounds less like a worn out Hoover vacuum now. My neighbor fired up his ole hot rod a little while ago (Chevy 454) so I thought I'd send some sweet 4.0l tunes back at him hahaha.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Actually did something productive today, checked out my ring gear and cap bolts on the 8.8 since its been a year after installing the Detroit. Cap bolts were tight but almost all the ring gear bolts loosened a little. Got em torqued back down so should be good to go wheeling this weekend.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A few days late on posting, but took off the front end of the 62 to make life easier when I stick the engine and trans in to start mocking up some motor and trans mounts. I'm also hoping that seeing the exposed frame will light the fire to make me want to z the front end and get this thing down on the ground.

IMG_1101.JPG

I also managed to run over the rake and blow out the tire when rolling it out so that was helpful.

IMG_1102.JPG

@mcutler posts sweet bead rolled inner fenders and I've got a rake in a tire. I'm literally the worst. :shaking:

A few days late on posting, but took off the front end of the 62 to make life easier when I stick the engine and trans in to start mocking up some motor and trans mounts. I'm also hoping that seeing the exposed frame will light the fire to make me want to z the front end and get this thing down on the ground.

View attachment 247271

I also managed to run over the rake and blow out the tire when rolling it out so that was helpful.

View attachment 247272

@mcutler posts sweet bead rolled inner fenders and I've got a rake in a tire. I'm literally the worst. :shaking:
Someone broke your shovel too. Bastards.

View attachment 247271

View attachment 247272

Somebody's got to provide the entertainment...:p

Found what appears to be oil in my coolant reservoir and a tiny bit in the radiator. No coolant in the oil that I can see. Dang it. [emoji21]

Got the engine and transmission between the frame rails yesterday. Was thinking about using the biscuit style motor mounts that came on the engine and making my frame mounts, but after staring at it for a little while, I think switching to A 73-88 3/4 ton crossmember is my best option. I can use factory motor mounts, will get disc brakes and they actually make drop spindles for those.

IMG_1158.JPG
IMG_1159.JPG

Adjusted the parking brake on my TJ at @benmack1 shop. While under my rig, he found a brake fluid leak on my driver's side rear caliper so we got that fixed too. Shame on me for not checking the fluid levels often enough. It could have been bad!

Helped Adam set gears up in his new Dana 60. Took a little longer than it should have but 4 hrs isn't too bad. Largest pain in the ass was pinion preload, fucked with that for at least an hr and a half.
52c64b441aa3c2d03ff15357d80f315f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back