What have you done to your rig today?

Got a majority of the tube work done for my newly redesigned rear cargo and fuel cell area
I'll wait until the cell is secured before welding the tubes in.
Also going to add a dedicated cooler mount right behind the driver's back glass
IMG_20190721_150031854.jpg
IMG_20190721_150055495.jpg

Don’t you ever rest?

Not my rig, but my buddy's. Went to pick it up in Raleigh and brought it back to New Bern since he's moving back. Got it back to his shop, unloaded it, and had to check the flex because...why not? He then mentioned it was making some noise and it bound up in reverse going back to the shop. You don't have to use loc tite on ring gear bolts, but it helps. It does help. Three had fallen out, three were loose, but threaded all the way in, and the rest were backed out quite a bit.

20190720_184800.jpg

20190720_184823.jpg

20190720_184838.jpg

20190720_191529.jpg

Not my rig, but my buddy's. Went to pick it up in Raleigh and brought it back to New Bern since he's moving back. Got it back to his shop, unloaded it, and had to check the flex because...why not? He then mentioned it was making some noise and it bound up in reverse going back to the shop. You don't have to use loc tite on ring gear bolts, but it helps. It does help. Three had fallen out, three were loose, but threaded all the way in, and the rest were backed out quite a bit.

View attachment 298891

View attachment 298892

View attachment 298893

View attachment 298894
Some shops charge extra for threadlocker

I had considered texting you a picture. Figured you'd get a chuckle out of it.

Sticky Trep's on my rig are coming soon.
I'm scared...

Got the heat shield on and the rear of the hood raised to give the heat somewhere to go after I cut it off. It was running fine just getting heat soak.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Did these 2 things fix your heat soak issue? My brothers xj has some issues with it as well, I suggested the hood spacer to him but didnt think about the heat shields....

Did these 2 things fix your heat soak issue? My brothers xj has some issues with it as well, I suggested the hood spacer to him but didnt think about the heat shields....
It seemed to solve it pretty well for around town and interstate/highway driving and stoping. I didnt get any the 3 times I stopped on the way to potts mountain and back. It still occured a few times this past weekend on the trail but for the most part it helped alot.

Design Engineering 010378 Fuel Rail and Injector Cover Kit for Jeep (1997-2004, 4.0L Engine) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015NOKWQY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LZNnDbJKQ2919

Very easy to install if you cut slots in the rail wrap.

It seemed to solve it pretty well for around town and interstate/highway driving and stoping. I didnt get any the 3 times I stopped on the way to potts mountain and back. It still occured a few times this past weekend on the trail but for the most part it helped alot.

Design Engineering 010378 Fuel Rail and Injector Cover Kit for Jeep (1997-2004, 4.0L Engine) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015NOKWQY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LZNnDbJKQ2919

Very easy to install if you cut slots in the rail wrap.

Thanks for the info. I will pass it along to my brother.

I washed it! Not that you can tell from these pictures, but whatever. At least there's no more stuff growing on it :D

20190725_165724.jpg

20190725_190434.jpg

My rig is my stump grinder lol. Changed the hydraulic fluid and filter on it today. Vermeer wanted $500 for full fluid service and belt adjustments. I did it all for less than $100. I guess if I didn't know a little bit about wrenching then it would be worth it. But a little experience and knowledge really pays off these days if you ask me.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

The AC in our International 7600 has been on the fritz. Got an estimate of $1500 to fix it. I verified the charge with my gauges, removed the blower motor to inspect the blend door. Evaporator was cold on both sides, but only hot air through the vents.
So I replaced the cabin air filter for $15 and fixed it...
IMG_20190801_153845312.jpg

The AC in our International 7600 has been on the fritz. Got an estimate of $1500 to fix it. I verified the charge with my gauges, removed the blower motor to inspect the blend door. Evaporator was cold on both sides, but only hot air through the vents.
So I replaced the cabin air filter for $15 and fixed it...
View attachment 299799
Depending on work conditions, the condenser, can get clogged with dirt which turns to mud, too. On a Sterling, it's mostly on the outside firewall. Pull the fan motor, & you can see the condenser. AC hates Dusty sites!

Back