What have you done to your rig today?

Well I got impatient and started now I'm off to get a brake line, fitting, and new wheel cylinder bolts. Thanks flanigan out shop for stripping everything last time you replaced a brakeline and wheel cylinder

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

If you need the springs and self adjuster stuff, you will need the SA kit & hardware (springs mostly) kit. The sa kit includes the adjuster, lever, pivot , equalizer bar spring & cable. The cables are seperate. Most of the time you can reuse everything but I usually get a new hardware kit.

If you need the springs and self adjuster stuff, you will need the SA kit & hardware (springs mostly) kit. The sa kit includes the adjuster, lever, pivot , equalizer bar spring & cable. The cables are seperate. Most of the time you can reuse everything but I usually get a new hardware kit.
I went to advance and got the sa kit. J decide to go ahead and do the brakes so I have 3 weeks driving around town before I make a 4hr interstate drive.

decide to go ahead and do the brakes so I have 3 weeks driving around town before I make a 4hr interstate drive.
where's your sense of rushing and finding out you screwed up and can't leave till you fix it? That's what I always do.. last long trip (950 mi) we took, done a bunch of maintenance/repair (4hr), and left at 12am, right after finishing.. no test run, let's get after it! Lol.

Oh and the front facing shoe is the short lining and rear shoe is the long lining.

Lol I also have to drive this to work on Monday lol. The new hard line doesnt look too pretty but should work

I did manage to finally put a new downpipe on my truck today....I've only had it sitting in the shop for like a year and a half.

Pulled the trans in the 69 c10 farm truck yesterday. Way too hot to be doing that, but it got done. Who needs a high hump cover when you can just torch a giant gaping hole in the floor pan? o_O

IMG_0265.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

Last edited:
I did manage to finally put a new downpipe on my truck today....I've only had it sitting in the shop for like a year and a half.

I've got that beat by a long shot. I bought a new dash for my Dodge Ram about 8 yrs ago (maybe even longer). It is still in the box. I've moved twice since buying it, and had to move it both times.

I've got that beat by a long shot. I bought a new dash for my Dodge Ram about 8 yrs ago (maybe even longer). It is still in the box. I've moved twice since buying it, and had to move it both times.
I bet it has cracked by now.

912AF7F3-BD3D-4689-891E-68C8642344D5.jpeg
I just put Crane knuckles with keyed high steer arms on my trap. Fuck cast iron anything.
AND, i fixed the interior mood lights.
Fo realz...
I just put Crane knuckles with keyed high steer arms on my trap. Fuck cast iron anything.
AND, i fixed the interior mood lights.
Fo realz...

Attachments

• 35C30753-D6D9-42DE-806B-E0E7E306745C.jpeg
    35C30753-D6D9-42DE-806B-E0E7E306745C.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 9B0F027D-8C77-481C-9D51-01C6AE45CB60.jpeg
    9B0F027D-8C77-481C-9D51-01C6AE45CB60.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 239

It's a good thing you waited this long. If you had fixed it 8 years ago, you'd be about due for another one by now :D

I created a mental list (emphasis on "mental") of what I need to do to get my pile of shat back in shape...then thoroughly disappointed myself with thinking that if I could travel back in time to stop my younger and dumber self from doing so much dumb crap with it and left it alone until today, all I'd need to do is the typical rewire and body work that every CJ under the sun needs. :rolleyes: Once I whittle down my list of honey-do's, maybe I can organize the randomized pile of junk in the garage so I can think about working on my pile again.

It's a good thing you waited this long. If you had fixed it 8 years ago, you'd be about due for another one by now :D

I have recently discovered that my second gen dodge dash is rotten. Not just the top, but the structure under the top also. I love this truck and will keep it until it dies (its a 98 12v 5speed), so I've been thinking how cool it would be to drop it off at Marsfab and have him build a metal dash to replace it with. Never have to worry about plastic braking again!

Him or Cutler Fab could definitely make it pretty sweet!

Guess what I'm doing next?
3256b2316680f3889a6f18dc203a4531.jpg

Back