What have you done for your health today?

I went for an hour walk this morning. The days are getting noticeably shorter. It is pitch dark at 6am now.

Chest day:

- 6 sets of flat dumbbell bench
- 6 sets of incline dumbbell bench
- 6 sets of pushups
- 4 sets of leg lifts

My son and I went for about an hour walk yesterday morning.

Today's workout:
Back Day
- 6 sets of pull-ups
- 6 sets of chin-ups
- 6 sets of dumbbell rows

Little tree work this morning. That is always a good workout.
IMG_20200905_082058.jpg

Today was shoulders.

- 5 sets of side raises
- 5 sets of rear delts
- 5 sets of seated dumbbell OHP
- 5 sets of reverse flys
- 5 sets of front raises

Took about a 30 minute walk with my little buddy. Then did 4 sets of leg lifts.

I've had 4 cups of coffee and two small sausage biscuits( frozen type and I alternate two packs of instant oatmeal )..... But this is my typical 13 hour day pack.
0913200658_HDR.jpg

Blue container. Nutella and cinnamon raisin bread.
Green containers. Usually two. Turkey, ham, pepperoni, and lettuce. Touch of mustard. PB J. (homemade strawberry) Veggy straws or Cheese it things usually as a side. Two cups of fruit. Apple sauce and peaches. Better brands no high fructose. One nut fruit, chocolate, cheese tray thing (addictive). Always one little debie of some sort. Oatmeal cookies or nutty buddies are my go to.
I then eat a real sit down supper at home with average 2 beers. Last night was 3 salmon patties and 3 bowls of pinto beans and exactly 3 Dos Equis beers.
I also average 3 large nalgene bottles of water.

My daily pack out changes only when home cooked left overs are available. Hence the extra sandwich today. Had heavier left overs the day before.

I'm 6 foot average and float between 212 and 220.

Just got home from a 2.5 mile walk on the Greenway after supper with the dogs and kiddos.

It's been harder to get motivated with the humidity and the kids back doing school a good chunk of the day, but the plan is to make it the ritual for the next 6-8 weeks, probably until time change when we'll adjust so we're not walking in the dark.

Pulled 405 for another deadlift PR. Tried 410 but it was nailed down. Wife ordered more weights today so I'll be picking them up hopefully Friday. Benchpress max tomorrow and front squat max on Friday.

Next 4 week cycle will be Push Jerk on Mondays, Tues/Thurs olympic lift, Wed will be deadlift and fridays will be overhead squats. Now that our group of "newer" lifters are getting comfortable with a barbell, I can start incorporating more barbell specific workouts which will be a nice change of pace.

Pisgah ride with my wife and a buddy today. Training for a big race in November. There's a 7 mile climb on this course that I cleaned without walking for the first time today. Feeling pretty accomplished.
View attachment 326260 View attachment 326261

7 mile climb dang I’m happy to finish a 7 mile trail lol. We did do almost 20 miles last weekend on the greenway, my longest ride to date.

7 mile climb dang I’m happy to finish a 7 mile trail lol. We did do almost 20 miles last weekend on the greenway, my longest ride to date.
Yup. From the Pisgah hatchery to the top of Pilot Mountain. Legit climb!
Alarm set for 445 tomorrow to catch the sunrise from the top of Big Rock.

I am very out of shape and a few months ago I got back on my mountain bike for the first time in several years. We hit the Kernersville mountain bike trail and I really couldn’t do much more than a 1/2 mile at a time without being out of breath. Today I completed the full 3.7 mile trail with out stopping. I did walk a short climb but we did not take a break. Still a long way from were id like to be but definitely progress.

Back