What have you done for your health today?

Been getting back into running, it all stalled after my half marathon late last year.
Doing a 100miles in April as logged by Strava, challenged the wife to do the same.....at just over 3 miles a day (less with a long run on Sunday), it is a doable goal.
Strava is great, it helps me to see that I am not as slow as I think I am, and I wasn't as fast as I like to believe I was. I have 20-30 sec. to shave off my avg. mile to be back where I was.

Burned in some fresh trail at NCMP this morning and finished with some sprint laps.
552BC686-8849-4535-A115-4F55392CBA25.jpeg

Hit my goal of 199 today. That is 30 lbs down! Gonna have to get a new belt...lol if I put more holes in it, I will have to cut it down. Gonna stay the course with the diet and alcohol consumption. Life style change. Well most of the time anyway. :cool:

Trees are in full bloom here and folks are out in droves. Still looks like winter up there! Got 19 miles in today. Probably will be relegated to riding inside and closing the showroom in the bike shop for a while. Can't believe the level of ignorance roaming around here and I definitely don't want one of them getting us all sick! Stay safe up there- heard several trails/areas up there are closing.

12 years I've been a tobacco user, namely Copenhagen. I've quit off and on, but usually after 2-3 days would justify a can here or there, and would be back to a roll every 2-3 days in not time flat. My oldest has always been curious about it when I put a pinch in or spit one out...always tell her its bad for me and I really don't like it, and it would be really bad for her. 8 days ago, on her birthday, she said, 'it bad for you, spit it out, I want you to'. So I did, and haven't touched a can since.

12 years I've been a tobacco user, namely Copenhagen. I've quit off and on, but usually after 2-3 days would justify a can here or there, and would be back to a roll every 2-3 days in not time flat. My oldest has always been curious about it when I put a pinch in or spit one out...always tell her its bad for me and I really don't like it, and it would be really bad for her. 8 days ago, on her birthday, she said, 'it bad for you, spit it out, I want you to'. So I did, and haven't touched a can since.
Awesome!

Similar deal here. I dipped Copenhagen for ~10 years.
Tried to stop but never found the motivation. Watching my 2 year old run around spitting in a cup to "be like dad"...nearly made me vomit. Quit cold turkey and other than once every couple years havent looked back.

Last edited:

Wanna fix it? Keep out of state visitors away. I see first hand literally over half the plates around here from neighboring states.
That is a load of steaming crap.
They closed DuPont, they closed multiple parking areas in Pisgah, they close multiple recreation area us LOCALS use. Then all but threaten further closures if crowds are too large. They've created a funnel and further concentration of people will happen.
Don't dare go outside among our hundreds of thousands of acres of Forest. But please, eat food that other people touch, box and deliver to you.

Last edited:
Wanna fix it? Keep out of state visitors away. I see first ha d literally over half the plates around here from neighboring states.
They closed DuPont, they closed multiple parking areas in Pisgah, they close multiple recreation area us LOCALS use. Then all but threaten further closures if crowds are too large. They've created a funnel and further concentration of people will happen.
Don't dare go outside among our hundreds of thousands of Forest. But please, eat food that other people touch, box and deliver to you.
I couldn't agree more with everything you said. Government logic at it's finest.

Talked to my therapist about trying some meds. I think it's time. Probably weird to admit to a bunch of folks on the internets, but whatever.

Talked to my therapist about trying some meds. I think it's time. Probably weird to admit to a bunch of folks on the internets, but whatever.

It takes balls to publicly admit that.
Know that we care, you ain't alone and I'm here for you 24/7. For real.

Wanna fix it? Keep out of state visitors away. I see first hand literally over half the plates around here from neighboring states.
Don't dare go outside among our hundreds of thousands of acres of Forest. But please, eat food that other people touch, box and deliver to you.

oh yeah. It’s fucking ridiculous. They just closed brushy mountain due to the Taylorsville Government but the state said they could stay open but then got shit down by county. But people can go golf. Damnit.

Ran 3.5 miles on the greenway with the dog and wife yesterday (packed with people), ran 5.5 miles of the mnts. to sea trail today and the only people we saw were within the first 1/4 mile.....do people really just walk 1/4 mile in and turn around?

Also, 5 days into April and still dry! Still have a couple beers in the fridge calling my name, I seem to have offset those carbs with cookies.

Back