What have you done for your health today?

Also still hanging in the high 230s low 240s

getting on scale less now

So went to the doctors for some bronchitis over the weekend and got weighed for the first time in a while. I was 30lbs lower than my peak in 2019...but 36lbs heavier than my lowest weight in 2019. 66lbs of yo-yo’ing...insane.

And two months later, I'm back to my lowest low of 2019. Really think I can keep dropping this time, below 3 bills is a relatively close target again. Not sure what's different now than other times, but really don't feel like I'm depriving myself of anything. I do a standing Tuesday lunch with a buddy and Friday night pizza with the family, otherwise we're actually using the groceries we buy. Oddly enough, those two times a week I do go out, the majority of the time I'm thinking how the food isn't even tasting good.

Beyond that, been having a lot of issues being a 'civilized' man lately with a lot of bubbling violence and anger right under the surface. Picked up a heavy bag and it's seemed to help. Since I'm not aware of any Fight Clubs, I'm training for some of those 3 round, 1 minute/round Tough Man Brawls (no kicking/wrestling) that you see advertised on gas station walls with a $2500 purse.

That's great news Ben. Way to stick with it man.

I'm in training for a 50 mile MTB race coming up. Been eating super clean and pushing myself pretty hard on my bike. Had a killer ride Sunday and PRed some significant climbing sections. Same yesterday after work. Those 6 miles have some of the steepest climbs around here on them. Like 1st gear, shock locked out and my weight over the bars to keep from standing it up. My endurance is getting to be pretty impressive. As myweight drops more, I'll gain the speed I need for racing.

I'm proud of all of y'all who are doing something for your health.

I am still at this. Had a rough patch through the holidays and into the new year where I was up about 7 lbs. Wife bought a new digital scale at first of the year and that alone put me up 2 1/2 lbs vs the old one, which meant I was not a close to my goal of 199 as I thought. o_O But since my starting weight was actually higher than I thought (according to what the new scales say) I have still lost the same amount of weight..lol Also the weight loss has stalled too. Hopefully with the time change and more time in the evenings I will be able to burn a few more calories to reach my goal. Currently at 204.5 on new scale. Down 24.5 and holding!

Screenshot_20200311-203445.png

Can i just say f*ck a bunch of leg day...waaa waaa waaa.....Imma ole bastid

All last week was my annual SC hog hunt. Ended up walking about 7-8 miles per day but offset it by drinking a lot of beer/whiskey all week.

In other news, the wife and I changed crossfit gyms and I'm already seeing bigger numbers on the barbell. I've been going to a fantastic, almost magical, PT that has been able to get my hamstring working again(knee surgery). It was operating at like 50% strength and now its somewhere around 85%. Hit 270x2 on front squats yesterday and two weeks ago I failed 255x2 so its working.

I would highly recommend him to anyone in the Charlotte area.

3 1/2 mile walk through town this morning. Loaded, unloaded and spread 30 bales of pine straw. Ain’t even close to some of you F’ers but I got you covered by a number of years.

This “social distancing” has cut out the F3 workouts and I sold the home gym/weights this week (though bringing 500 pounds of weights and a steel gym down from the third floor was a workout in itself). Need to find a new motivation.

Back