What have you done for your health today?

Just a quick little ride today
Screenshot_20191006-162441.png

Did some full gear runs on lunch break while I was at the King ESTC saturday. Up and down five stories in full gear with SCBA. Took 2'10". made three runs and each was within a second of that time. Not sure if thats "fast", but I didnt die while doing it. Felt like my legs were gonna fall off though.

I think it’s been awhile since I posted in this thread, but I’ve been putting in the work. I signed up for the Huntersville Half Marathon that is in December. I’ve never done a half marathon before. Ran 10.1 miles this morning. Great sunrise and spotted 4 deer.

642D2285-4982-4B57-A59D-2CCE1AADCBFF.jpeg

I was pretty limited in activity for the last 6 months and ended up being out of work for over 3 months with a foot injury. I’ve been back to work for 2.5 weeks now and back to my normal job duties for a little over a week. Before I went back to work I started increasing activity levels and made a diet change. Cut out sugar, carbs, and portion size and I’m down 15 lbs in about 4 weeks or so. My goal is to drop 50 lbs over the next year or so.

My third crossfit competition is tomorrow. Pretty excited, should be a lot of fun. Weight has stayed consistent around 189-190. I jumped on the Inbody we have at the gym and saw that I gained another 1.5lb of muscle in the last month which is great considering my weight really hasn't changed. More muscle and less fat is always the goal. I'm creeping down to around 15% body fat and would like to be around 10-12%. Abs are starting to be consistent in the morning, but I still have some fat on the lower ones as well as love handles.

Here's a mindblowing photo. Taken exactly one year apart(back in July). Left pic I was 235-245. Right pic about 195ish. Im a bit lighter now too. Crazy what 7 months of eating correctly can do...

0hxm8mnHWRqwM0zpvr7ZVyM-s0kCe24uJz6Y8rf1IToHxpFhaInpW89wCOksAoWi5rFFaDuEc6G7ES5-1b6E6CGXlQWbNQDGbk3y4QNisspVLWFsJKlQDBNBNwMe7egmcJ142AC-I5bAhFg-_-9TGEuqE6NjzdnRgX1bJLeiYZdkA0VW2PQ6Kcn0uuwHUKCUL2iXvuMLaXNtfahgRLvSEHjuC_Wv94yoC9803hfEw1tkf2CZ7h5T8BaALYYM6qW0gD8HJGrX7CCCBAZi8Tuh4XXcSP9tRCGAQHl57ih3z5PNuUf9TEMFRmd7ruHuanK7pziSDKafXiCx09OzeP4zY7jKXxNv82DKgqNju_76kqkPeqdq8JlmSLgh6fjvEn79y0BmumHTi3hWVWY6ttTaoAtiwJbGqGPNn3rQlasZ2t05nv6OU9o1j8pf8L9rC_tHzVhbgL0DrwVc_xP1izO1WbmMjROU7cqB-neyTezYT6jJifgDfmr7sKM1KsyEEHSp5jmDfxeAfpw_DI4fA5CzVI6_tcrdcjoeBrLaz4uHWXz7FBS42dfeQVhPu__Ew7owik1iMYpLcOrCSIlY-26pU5FVHHRnipQ_R1poZsZPCvEBFrvc0KfhY4-BlG1e4UA73hFkvHuhyawEgSww_NcJVwo3Xm0WVXWcE164NQ3ULC5fogrUKOriBys=s937-no
Now I know why I didn't recognize you when you came over a few weeks ago! :D
I walked my big ass pulling like a sled dog dog today about two miles.

Pretty big day today. First, I got the results from my recent blood panel for my life insurance. Good news is, I'll be buying plenty more stickies in the coming years. Bad news is, y'all gotta keep putting up with me a while!
Cholesterol levels and ratio are on the lower 1/3 of the scale and all levels are very good. All that hard work is paying off.

Also, went by The Hub and picked up my race jersey they asked me to wear in some upcoming mountain bike races. Pretty stoked to be part of their race team!
IMG_20191020_182414509.jpg

Had a big test for my diet this weekend at the lake. We had a end of season pot luck dinner with enough food to feed everyone there 5 times. I had a small portion of my wife’s chicken and dumplings, about 6 oz of pork loin, green beans, asparagus, small portion of banana pudding. Instead of barely being able to walk after eating I stopped before I was full and felt good about it. I’m down about 20 lbs and feeling pretty good.

I are still at it as well. Had my annual doctor visit a couple weeks ago and my blood work results were the best they have been in a long time. Everything in the normal/good zone for a change. The eating right is paying off. Down 21 lbs. since the start. Hopefully couple more weeks I will reach my goal and can set another one. :beer:

Pretty big day today. First, I got the results from my recent blood panel for my life insurance. Good news is, I'll be buying plenty more stickies in the coming years. Bad news is, y'all gotta keep putting up with me a while!
Cholesterol levels and ratio are on the lower 1/3 of the scale and all levels are very good. All that hard work is paying off.

Also, went by The Hub and picked up my race jersey they asked me to wear in some upcoming mountain bike races. Pretty stoked to be part of their race team!
View attachment 304832

I hate all the good riding you have in the backyard. Someday I gotta move out west.

We gotta get you on a dirt bike though too!

I kinda wish I lived next door to the awesome riding places you have! Looks like fun. But then I am an old guy and my mind say hell yea, but my body says are you crazy!!
Today's ride was brutal. The initial climb was over 7 miles continual.
Tomorrow afternoon I'll prerun the second half which is equally difficult.
Good stuff though. It's a blast

The wife and I did a spartan race sprint this morning, woke up to a downpour....we were dreading the race, but we ended up rocking it and knocking out personal bests for the sprint....all of the training and weight loss made most of the obstacles seem easy! We are looking at moving up to the next level.

Well I'm sure some of you have a class A cdl, I had to go for my med card update for first time having a cpap machine and all the extra crap they look at during the exam. Needless to say I've got to come back in 3 months with a better record. Had to have a echocardiogram for my AFib and the cardiologist wasnt 100% happy so I go for a stress test tomorrow. Wish me luck I'm gonna need it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Had to go for a check up on Monday and get some blood draws done. The doc was concerned my steak and egg diet would wreck my cholesterol and such.

Early on in this thread I was actually dreading going to the doctor...this time I was actively looking forward to it. If everything is working good we keep marching, if not we adjust and adapt...

Got the results this AM. On the cholesterol front (her biggest fear) all of my numbers improved....and some fairly dramatically. I was never "out of range" but according to her I am now "pretty much optimal across the board"...she was "really surprised that such an extreme diet was so good on my charts"

Pretty cool to look at the past results "graph" and see the health markers kick in in January.
Even my blood pressure which has never been bad is now "more ideal"...108/68 whatever that means.

So I guess the overall conclusion is I might have a few more years to aggravate folks...

Two years ago, workout 18.4 was released. It is, 21/15/9 of deadlifts(225) and Handstand Pushups, then 21 deadlift(315)50' handstand walk, 15 deadlift/50' handstand walk, 9 deadlift/50' handstand walk.

I got 63 reps on it two years ago. Last Friday, that workout was released again for 20.3. I got 91 reps. This time, my back didn't lock up from the deadlifts and I felt good all the way through it. Handstand pushups felt great but they still need improvement.

Weight wise, I am sitting comfortably around 195 without tracking/measuring any food. The last few weekends have been rough with halloween parties and weddings so the alcohol has been a factor.

Back