What have you done for your health today?

Been a busy one
Ran a local 5K this am and maintained my pace from 3 years ago. (Sub 30 minutes) Fair enough.
Got home, grabbed the bikes and we did right at 10 miles in Pisgah this afternoon.
Now I fire up the grill and dine on animal flesh
IMG_20190704_085558_957.jpg
IMG_20190704_130101863.jpg
Screenshot_20190704-151112.png

Decided to give up all forms of tobacco, cigars and Cope. Using ginger green tea bags to satisfy the oral fixation (and dicks, lots and lots of dicks...I figured someone else would say it if I didn't). 60hrs so far, and can't say it's been that bad. I always felt the Cope was habitual more than addiction, so far seems to be the case.

Using oral tea bagging to satisfy the oral fixation (and dicks, lots and lots of dicks...
I'm glad you said it so I didn't have to :)

Stating Weight -318.2 (12/27)
Last Week - 254.8
This week -251.8
Total loss: 66.4 lbs

Going to try getting back on this regularly weekly update just to hold myself more accountable.
Hoping to cross the 250 barrier this week. On a related note clothes definitely fit different now. Last fall I had bought a couple pairs of pants because I couldnt fit in any of my others...those just fall off now. But even my pants I wore before they got too small are now loose and look bunchy. Im too cheap to buy new for now so I just drilled a new hole in the belt.

Awesome work @Ron , clothes don't lie, even when you don't see the progress, pants and belts will make it obvious.

If your goal is to keep going, go buy a pair of pants that you can't quite fit in....toss them on the shelf until you forget about them...in a couple of months when you try them on again it will make your week!

Still getting after it. Hit an all time low of 193.0 on Friday. A weekend of beer and some liquor took me back up to about 194.5 but creeping back down now. I've gone from a 38 waist down to a 34(and its starting to get loose). Hoping to end up about 185 and then start a gain cycle.

Still making progress here myself. We went wheeling last weekend and out of town trips have always been a potential cheat meal fest.
We packed our own food to make lunch with and didn't go out to eat with everyone else after each day of wheeling (even though I really wanted some pizza from Portal in Harlan).
Got right back on the bikes yesterday and had a great ride after work. I'm PRing on pretty much every climb, every week. That shows my cardio and strength is improving.

I am down 18# now in a few week's time and looking forward to breaking the 20# mark shortly.

Shoulder press percentage work was done yesterday. Did 5 sets of 6 at 100lbs which is 60% of my 1RM. Felt pretty good. I haven't PRed my shoulder press in a long time so hopefully this percentage work will pay off. Workout was a 1 mile run for time. My previous best was 7:25. I blew that time away and hit 6:36 :eek:. Got home and walked another mile with the wife and dog and woke up this morning to see 191.7 on the scale:rockon:

Believe it or not, a beard is healthy for a man. In many ways. I'll not be shaving mine off good sir. Though sometimes I secretly want to.
It may be in certain conditions, but for me its a dirt/dust and germ trap that's in close proximity to my mouth.

Or is it a dirt/ dust germ filter? Washable/ reusable like a K&N?
So if you are grinding or welding and creating carcinogenic dust, you would prefer it trapped in a beard and breathed in by you until you wash it out, as opposed to flying by you and never contacting you?

So if you are grinding or welding and creating carcinogenic dust, you would prefer it trapped in a beard and breathed in by you until you wash it out, as opposed to flying by you and never contacting you?
Hey man, what happens in beard, stays in beard. That's all im saying.

Wife lost 4lbs this week:bounce:. I'm down to a normal 192.4. This week was good, hit a bunch of PR's for myself. Did 13 ring muscleups and 40 hand stand pushups in a workout on friday. Saw a picture from July of last year and didn't realize it was me. I'll post a comparison pic soon but holy hell I was FAT :lol:.

Going to dinner with good friends for charlotte restaurant week and will enjoy myself but still eat healthy.

195 lbs this morning. I was 201-202 lbs at the beginning of the year. I then bulked for four months and topped out at 209.8 lbs around late April. I've been cutting since then.

Yesterday was fun. Working on percentages for a new strength cycle. Did 5x5 at 70% for back squats at 245. Felt good.

The workout was 10-1 wallballs and 1-10 burpees. After each "set" do 1 rope climb. Fun workout that you could go pretty quick and keep a fast pace. Finished in 10:33.

Today's workout is gonna suck. Row 5k for time and some snatch position work for strength.

Been keeping it real and staying very active lately. Meals have been on schedule aside from a killer post long ass mountain bike ride Saturday. Burritos and chips were well earned!
Took the pups for a 2 mile walk after work yesterday and followed that up with a 10.5 mile hilly ride afterwards.
Started this AM at 230.2, which is right at 19# down. Another 15 to go for my initial goal.
I am seeing my fitness level and cardio capacity drastically improving. I rode solo yesterday and really pushed myself on the climbs. According to Strava, I PR'd multiple steep climbs by 10-15% compared to just 4 weeks ago.
Feeling pretty accomplished about things these day!

Back