What have you done for your health today?

The spear throw is one of the Spartan race obstacles and has about an 85% failure rate. I worked on it over the weekend and hit 5 in a row when I got home from work today.

D7597D3C-ACF2-4DA3-8AB0-ADB0357210DF.jpeg

The spear throw is one of the Spartan race obstacles and has about an 85% failure rate. I worked on it over the weekend and hit 5 in a row when I got home from work today.

View attachment 288863

Aim higher than you think and arc it to the target. Trying to throw it in a straight line will have it in the dirt. I've been successful every race(6 right now).

Got a chance to jump in with the 530 class and do the workout. We scaled it down to 350 cals and 100 Clean and Jerks. My two other partners were two ladies, one of whom is a relatively new member with health issues. Everyone did great and it ended up being about a 30 min workout. Great leg and cardio killer for sure.

Today's strength will be backsquat 5x3. Its a repeat of last tuesdays workout(on a strength cycle). Add 10-20# from last week. I hit 305 for 3 last week so I should be around 315 for 3 today. The workout for today is 3 rounds for time: 60 double unders 25 DB Snatch at 50lbs. Weight this morning was 207.9. Getting under 200 is getting that much closer...

Today's workout was 20 minutes on the incline treadmill, followed by 4 sets of leg extensions, and 4 sets of leg curls.

45min PRT this morning at home, just walked in from a nice 45ish min run up the mtn road down by the river 1 1/2 Miles of 120/60s and 1 1/2 Miles back sucking wind pulling 60/60s... feeling good! Hooah

Damndest thing happened yesterday...after a couple weeks of clean eating, I worked late, wife and kids were at church. Old mentality crept in...yeehaw, Imma pig out. Started thinking about what I could pick up or get delivered...my stomach started doing that feeling where you think you might throw up...and the thoughts of fast food/pizza were soon gone. Went home, grilled up a chicken breast with some pepper jack and made a smoothie.

After clean eating for some time, the taste of fast food or processed food is just terrible. I no longer have any cravings for crap food. Well, except cookies and ice cream; it’s impossible to curb that craving. :D

My eating habits are starting to show results, my breakfasts has been routine with 50g of protein usually from cottage cheese and pears with oatmeal or eggs spinach and salsa. Lunch at 1000,1300,1600 small light meals lean chicken,tuna, and lean beef keeping low carb and heavy high proteins mixed in, dinner is big but lean to sleep fat and happy! Have stopped my protein shakes so I can get my body use to food only for protein intake and seems to be working out well! Lots of water and I’m still at the 214lb mark after a month with strength gains increasing!!

After clean eating for some time, the taste of fast food or processed food is just terrible. I no longer have any cravings for crap food. Well, except cookies and ice cream; it’s impossible to curb that craving. :D

I've noticed I still can't shake the want for Mexican food, and every now and again I get the hankering for something sweet. When it's something sweet, I'll indulge with one of those sea salt/caramel Kind bars...I know, not great, but better than those reese pieces nutrageous bars I used to eat.

Dessert is my weakness too. I can eat perfectly clean all day long, 7 days a week, but damn the sweets. I struggle with desiring cookies, brownies, and cakes after dinner. I don't gorge on them though, but I want 2-3 cookies or one slice of cake.

For the sweet tooth, my daughter loves these peanut butter balls. I think they are made by jiffy. She keeps a jar in the house. I think thats one of the differences between slender folks and fatasses like me. She will grab 3 or 4 few times a week. Before I started dieting when I ate some Id eat the whole container.not

I will occasionally pop 1 of those now. Like I think I've had 4 since January....but they break down to like 12 calories ...but they are peanut butter so an intense flavor that hits a sweet tooth without really even registering nutritionally.

Regarding the taste bud change. Sunday I was dragging ass. Worked outside all day and really wanted a caffeine shot. I stopped and bought a sugar free Monster.I used to start every day off with one..one of the big white ones with the twist off lid. And usually have another mid day. Zero calorie so no harm no foul.

Well Sunday I bought one. And it was $4 so I made myself drink the entire thing. Damn it was nasty. It tasted like drinking pure chemicals.

Same here for sweets, my woman is doing this Keto diet and made some bomb ass protein pb and chocolate cookies other night... I figured they would be nasty but I was pleasently surprised!! Also for sweet tooth I go to the one bars blueberry cobbler or birthday cake finding out the blueberry cobbler is my favorite tho!!

First mountain bike ride of the year. I'm pretty sure this phone isn't pinging the GPS as often because this route has always been closer to 10 miles. Regardless, it kicked my A55. At least now I can finally start getting some good cardio if it will not rain every other day. After crossing 200lbs for an extended period, I started going to the gym a couple days a week in December. Ive hovered in the 205-207 range for the past 3 months, even though I'm spending an hour in the gym 3 days a week with 15-20 minutes on the bike pretty much every time. I still think there's something wrong with me because I've never been this heavy or had this much trouble getting the weight off. But blood tests back in November showed nothing wrong other than shrunken e-penis.
Screenshot_20190319-222542.png

Last edited:
I forgot to log my workout yesterday. I did 5 sets of landmine barbell rows, 5 sets of pull-ups, 5 sets of straight arm pull downs, 5 sets of reverse flys for rear delts on the machine, and 5 sets of bicep curls with the EZ curl bar.

I weighed 207.4 this morning, and my belt is still in the same notch. I was 201.6 at the start of this thread. I am very happy with my progress.

Officially the lightest I've ever been since about high school. This morning I was 204.7. My body composition has changed for real. Night and day difference. Looking to be around 190 but I've been on this cut since 1/1 and its not recommended to go past 12 weeks or so. I'm going to continue this "cut" until I reach under 200 and then go on maintenance for a month or so and then cut again. I have occasional cheat meals but have really had my eyes opened to portion size and the role that protein, carbs, and fats play into your health. Would highly recommend the program I'm on.

Today's workout was 20 minutes on the elliptical followed by 5 sets of bulgarian split squats. I went heavy and slow on the split squats today.

Today's workout is active recovery. 20 min coach led mobility and then a 20 min amrap of varying options. Designed to just make you move, breath a bit, and sweat. One of my favorite days. Ready for the announcement of 19.5 tonight and excited to see whats in store for tomorrow.

Officially the lightest I've ever been since about high school. This morning I was 204.7. My body composition has changed for real. Night and day difference. Looking to be around 190 but I've been on this cut since 1/1 and its not recommended to go past 12 weeks or so. I'm going to continue this "cut" until I reach under 200 and then go on maintenance for a month or so and then cut again. I have occasional cheat meals but have really had my eyes opened to portion size and the role that protein, carbs, and fats play into your health. Would highly recommend the program I'm on.

Are you using the RP templates?

Back