what happened over the weekend

mossyoaktj

So i flew back to Ohio this past weekend for memorial day, And got a little jeep time in.im going to keep this thread goin or attach it to a new thread once i get out of the military and start actually building the tj. So far my tj has:

4in suspension
I6 5Spd
D30/d35 w 3.73
8k warn
33x12.5 mtr on 15x8 soft 8's
Rear bumper w d rings and reciever

What got done this weekend was

picked up a hp30
99 durango steering box conversion
Fix the wipers so I can drive in the rain now
Plastic bracket to hold shift boot in place
Cut the intake tube down w new filter
Installed hoodline tube fenders
Jk turn lights in the Cj location

It was a pretty eventful weekend I must say. Now for some pics

969.jpg

getting started, the winch is pulled off to start trimming the fenders.
970.jpg

8k warn
973.jpg

started trimming the driver side. no cut template so taking it down little by little.
982.jpg

passenger side cut off
981.jpg

bot hoodline fenders on
985.jpg
983.jpg

next to my buddies tj to show the difference

Attachments

• 978.jpg
    978.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 283
now onto the grill lights, i didnt get any pics of the difference between the tj steering box and the durango box, but sitting next to my buddies the durango box is a monster compared to the tj. drives a lot better now with the 33's.

997.jpg

got the headlights pulled out to start prepping for the markers.
998.jpg

front shot
999.jpg

got the holes drilled. i ended using a 3in hole saw, i really need a 3 1/8, but the 3in worked with a lot of hand grinding to allow the the lights to fit.
1000.jpg

i went 3in from the grill slit to center for my side to side and i believe i went 3 1/2 from the bottom to center.
1001.jpg

no the lights arent off it only looks that way due to the gear side of the winch.also notice the size of the steering box.
1003.jpg

tube fenders and jk turns done. the factory tj plugs perfect into the jk housing so no need to re wire plugs.
1018.jpg

got to messing around with tape and made some angry eyes to see how she would look. i think thats next on my list along with herculining the inside.

just a few pics from a creek down the road. the trail drops off pretty good at the edge enough to drop the headlights under.
1046.jpg

coming back through with bear leading the way
1045.jpg

and coming out. you can see the incline of the jeep an determine the size of the drop into the creek.

also ended up installing hood pins to keep the hood buttoned up, the factory latchs rounded out. i do like the pins over the latches tho so no problem.

what would cause the turns to work but no running lights on the front. the tail lights work fine its just the front. i get power to the connector but but nothing goes to the plugs on both sides.could i just need new plug ends for the lights, i put brand new bulbs in.

Back