What eats possums?

6BangBronk

Seriously, I've found 3 stripped possums with nothing left but the backbone, the tail and some hair outside my shop since I moved to my new house. The bone seemed pretty clean too like it was licked extensively. The one I found yesterday didn't even have much of the tail. When I met my neighbor behind me he claimed he has sighted bear. Of course I went along with him as my inside called BS. Could it be? I'm located on a big finger extending out into Falls Lake with alot of water and alot of open farmland. And a bear was sighted over in the Brier Creek area last summer not too far away?
Or could it be a hungry cat? I've seen plenty of strays running around but never a backbone of a cat?

Yum!
aimages.chattanoogan.com_photo_images_gallery_28208.jpg

Lol a general store down the road from me sells this stuff...although a different packaging, so there must be more than one company that makes it :lol:

I would too say coyote. I don't know about up here, but around home (Statesville area) Coyotes, are really common, as well as a bunch of bear sightings along the river.

Haven't heard any coyote's yet? Does sound like a good possibility. What they got against eating cats? (Sorry cat lovers but the cat population is exploded in my neighborhood)

Seriously, I've found 3 stripped possums with nothing left but the backbone, the tail and some hair outside my shop since I moved to my new house. The bone seemed pretty clean too like it was licked extensively. The one I found yesterday didn't even have much of the tail. When I met my neighbor behind me he claimed he has sighted bear. Of course I went along with him as my inside called BS. Could it be? I'm located on a big finger extending out into Falls Lake with alot of water and alot of open farmland. And a bear was sighted over in the Brier Creek area last summer not too far away?
Or could it be a hungry cat? I've seen plenty of strays running around but never a backbone of a cat?
Here lately my tahoe been eating them.:lol:

I've tried them too greasy for me.
Here in Lincolnton a fella got bitten by a coyote, was on channel 9 news 3-4 nights ago.

coyote, fox, or bobcat

Haven't heard any coyote's yet? Does sound like a good possibility. What they got against eating cats? (Sorry cat lovers but the cat population is exploded in my neighborhood)

Cats, as annoying as they are, are both faster and smarter than Possums....

Then again, your average house plant or liberal is smaller than a possum.

Jones's?
gotta be. that place still in business?
Lol, who else? Jones Steele Store aint goin anywhere, Probably the only place in the world where you can buy potted possum, lotto tickets, a 6 pack of beer, tires, and a Saturday night special all on the same bill :rolleyes:

Hey, Papa John. South bound I85, bridge right before Concord Mills exit. Coyote's laying on it this morning - hit by a car.

I've tried them too greasy for me.
Here in Lincolnton a fella got bitten by a coyote, was on channel 9 news 3-4 nights ago.

A guy I work with has a farm close to Lincolnton has shot a couple lately too.

IME yotes wont pick it clean...that suggests bobcat to me

Back