What did I just get? (Duck/Argo 6x6 thing)

JSJJ388

GREEN GREMLIN
So me and my brother and our pa pulled this thing out of some dudes field more than a decade ago, and its sat here since. I've asked several times to take and get it going, and was always told he was gonna fix it one day. Well, he's in rough health now and he told me today to take it home.

20201226_124159.jpg

20201226_124203.jpg

Anyone know make or model of it? Has a 10 hp briggs and a cvt with what looks like independent brakes for steering.

Also, itll need tires. Can I fit standard wheels and tires on it? Or will that make it no longer float? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

I'm not that familiar with these but I believe the sealed hull makes it float. The tires are just used to propel it.

Are all 3 axles, on each side, connected with chains?

I think you are right. Yes, all 3 are supposed to be connected.

I have what I guess you would call the rolling chassis of a MAX 6x6 sitting in the field. It is missing the motor and transmission, if it is of any help to you for a donor or possibly swap your drive train into your more than welcome to it. I would love to get it out of my way.

KIMG0203.JPG

I have what I guess you would call the rolling chassis of a MAX 6x6 sitting in the field. It is missing the motor and transmission, if it is of any help to you for a donor or possibly swap your drive train into your more than welcome to it. I would love to get it out of my way.

View attachment 334068

You're 2 hrs away. But it might be worth it. I'll keep the offer in mind, thanks.

Turns out its an action age scrambler

20201227_112229.jpg

Got it loaded up and home, thanks to help from the munchkin.

20201227_122825.jpg

20201227_123000.jpg

20201227_123557.jpg

20201227_131259.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure my next stop would be the dump with that thing. Looks about 10yrs too far gone to be worth fixing.

Well, I've already gotten the driveline broke loose. So I don't think its too far gone.

So this thing uses hydraulic brakes and the lines are shot. Reckon i could use soft lines and be alright?

Also, looks like this thing will get a predator 212 with electric start and a tav. They came with a 8hp, but I figure a little tuning and it shouldn't be underpowered.

Racing go carts use a nylon brake line, I’m sure you could get that to work on this. Awesome that you are bringing it back to life!

I figure its low pressure as I'm not seeing a brake booster. But brakes are not my forte.

I'm certainly trying. I think it'll be fun to beat around in. Would like to take it to the local trails and play around. But its a ridgid frame so I dont want to be too rough. Its made to go anywhere, not go fast. Since the floatation tires are hard to come by, I plan to convert it to lawnmower wheels and tires. Should be as easy as drilling new holes in the mower wheels. My only concern is that it has no suspension, so I'll have to run real low psi in the tires. If they won't hold a bead, ill have to use tubes.

View attachment 334068
why do I want this?

I figure its low pressure as I'm not seeing a brake booster. But brakes are not my forte.

I'm certainly trying. I think it'll be fun to beat around in. Would like to take it to the local trails and play around. But its a ridgid frame so I dont want to be too rough. Its made to go anywhere, not go fast. Since the floatation tires are hard to come by, I plan to convert it to lawnmower wheels and tires. Should be as easy as drilling new holes in the mower wheels. My only concern is that it has no suspension, so I'll have to run real low psi in the tires. If they won't hold a bead, ill have to use tubes.

The nylon lines should be fine for it. They are common in the circle track racing world as well.

Back