What coolers are y'all using in your rigs?

I still don't get the hype about the $500 "hold ice for 10 days coolers". An extra bag of ice is only like $2. I guess they make sense if you're going on an expedition or something for several days but for general cooler usage ie drinking beer, a cheap ol igloo does the trick. I have yet to find a cooler that I couldn't drink all the beer out of before the ice completely melted.

I still don't get the hype about the $500 "hold ice for 10 days coolers". An extra bag of ice is only like $2. I guess they make sense if you're going on an expedition or something for several days but for general cooler usage ie drinking beer, a cheap ol igloo does the trick. I have yet to find a cooler that I couldn't drink all the beer out of before the ice completely melted.

Or to keep wings chilled before grilling inside a hotel room. :lol:

Been using this cooler in the buggy for 3.5yrs. Solid, cheap cooler. Keeps stuff cold for 12-14hrs, not that it usually doesn't get emptied before then. Fits in the passenger sides foot well perfectly.

I've got a LARGE Brute I keep 3-4 days worth of food/drinks in at the truck. It's much easier to throw another bag in a cooler than it is to re pack one.

Attachments

• IMG_0059.PNG
    IMG_0059.PNG
    201 KB · Views: 137
Or to keep wings chilled before grilling inside a hotel room. :lol:

Sorry sir.
My friends are drunk. Please dont kick us out. I will keep them under control.

Been using this cooler in the buggy for 3.5yrs. Solid, cheap cooler. Keeps stuff cold for 12-14hrs, not that it usually doesn't get emptied before then. Fits in the passenger sides foot well perfectly.

I have this same cooler different color. I bought it because it fit perfect in the limited space I have in the back of my jeep. But I have been very happy with it for a cheap cooler.

IMG_2428.JPG

DBazwEJXYAEMhuo.jpg

I have the fancy igloo from sams club ment for fishing i have a 20 and a 55 i think i use the 20 all the time dont use the 55 much anymore new boat has a built in cooler the 55 was 199 the 20 was 99 only baf part is they only come in white

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Been using one of those new roto molded Ozark Trail coolers that Walmart sells. Work bought them for us for our company vehicles.

Seems durable but latches and hasps are screwed in with crappy screws and flex while using. I'm guessing it's no time before they strip out. Hinges are pins but only on the outside corners, not all the way across like the $$$ coolers. May be OK, maybe not. My guess they are fine for the average person but wouldn't last too long in a buggy or off road rig. The 20qt is good sized and includes a handle. That's convenient but the diameter is small and the foam padding is small. Fully loaded I wouldn't want to carry it very far with that handle as it cuts into my hand even on short distances. There are no other handles on the cooler for a team lift or if the metal one breaks. I do like the locking mechanism that doubles as a bottle opener. However it protrudes from the side making it cut into your leg while carrying it and is also screwed in with some small screws. It does have some slots molded in to tie it down without preventing the lid from being opened. It doesn't have a drain, so to empty the water you have to pull it out if wherever it's mounted and tilt it up. If you have it strapped in to a rig, this could be cumbersome.

Overall, it keeps ice better than the traditional cheap coolers, maybe. But, there are obvious design and manufacturing corners cut that make it inferior to the $$$ coolers. I'd say the only advantage to this over another cheap cooler is that it's likely much more durable. I wouldn't even put it into the same category as the $$$ coolers other than it's made similarly. Beyond that, it's not even close on anything else.

Just my $.02 from someone that uses the Ozark and has several other yeti coolers I use daily.

Shorter rockcity:

"If you're a bitch, buy a Yeti"

Back