West Morris and Yates campground

UTfball68

Usually when I head to Uwharrie, Arrowhead is where I stayed. Seems to me, they require a 3 day advanced notice for a reservation...as do the couple other campgrounds in the area. IIRC from previous web searching West Morris and Yates camprgound are first come first serve. A buddy of mine and I just wanna get out of town and enjoy some fresh air. I don't even know if I know where these campgrounds are. Anybody have any sort of reviews, tips, advice???

West morris is more of a (camp ground) vs yates place ....its more like the badin lake camp ground...theirs aprox. 10 or more sites their would be great for a large group ..its located about 1 mile from hwy 109 down ophir rd. ...thats the road across from uwharrie fire dept. Thats about 2 miles from the outpost (this would be my pick of the 2).

Yates place is much smaller and more of a pitch a tent and camp type place its located on dusty level rd in (just off of river rd) this camping area is great for those who hike and mountian bike being its just off the uwharrie trail that runs from 109 to 24-27 hwys...dusty level rd is about 5mi from the outpost just off of river rd ..river rd runs from 109 to 24-27 hopefully this will help you guys

Back