Well, now a F250/F350 question

Tacoma747

Seems most people on here have Dodge's, but I know there has to be plenty with Fords.

I am looking at two in particular:

2000 F-350 dually, 4x4, ext. cab. 7.3 diesel, automatic tranny, 177K miles, getting a water pump put on it because it was leaking. This is from a dealership and they are asking $14,000. It is about 45 minutes away from me.

2000 F-250 4x4, ext cab, longbed, 7.3 Diesel, 6 speed tranny, 118K miles. Has a couple dents in the bed he says, and the self applied roll-on bedliner is coming up, but other than that he says it is good. It is an indivudual selling it, is right at 5 hours away, and is asking $15,500.

Both these trucks are well under the NADA value, and I like the idea of a 6 speed because of more control, but if the auto's are good then I wouldn't mind it either, only thing is it has alot more miles on it.

Suggestions?

Thanks again...

how many times does everyone have to tell you that the auto's suck, dodge, ford, chevy (the allsion in the duramax maybe be good but it is to early to tell)whatever they don't hold up to towing. at 177k it is probably about ready to puke.

for ME, a 6 spd and lower miles would seal the deal, but I'd offer him less, and see if you can work out a deal, The srw would be better for around town, and eat less tires also

NADA for what ? Full retail in excelent condition ? You should be using private party pricing. There are many people out there with these big trucks that are tring to sell them.

Also, since your not sure what brand you want. Go shopping, grab a truck trader and go looking at them and test drive etc.. Even if you can't afford or like that particular truck. Then wait for the truck to come along...

What he said

Now for a shameless plug .....my brother is selling his 03 f250 auto excab longbed 7.3 xlt truck, just turned 30k he wants 23k for it. its got the prodigy and towing package and full guages already, never been chipped and it hads a couple small mods done like air intake, intake heater removed, zoodad mod. and a couple others i cant remember. oh its a 2wd too and its got a full rhino liner.

he got a free f250 6.0 crew cab truck for work and no longer needs it.

f-250

I am looking at a 2000 250 PSD in Texas with98k miles with the full 4 doors for 12,500. It is in San Antonio. But I am not sure I am doing it yet. I dont want to drive it everyday so I am complating buying a vehicle like a campervan for towing and sleep for the low Moab/Rubicon trips. Not sure what I am doing but I will keep you posted if I get the 250. I think they are really nice. Rob from rockcity got a sweet deal in Chicago. He paid like 5k less then retail for it. He did really good so you just have to look. Dont go with the Chevy. They are not worth it.

Well, I bit the bullet finally. Got rid of the 4runner and am going to pick it up tomorrow. It is a 99 F250 with a 6 speed tranny, 7.3 diesel, 67K miles, etc. The only things I don't like are the chrome plates below the doors, and the chrome fender trim, it will all be taken off eventually. It is at a dealership near Knoxville, (Clinton TN).

Finally I won't have to worry about not being able to get home. :twisted:

DSC02681.sized.jpg

DSC02685.sized.jpg

DSC02689.sized.jpg

DSC02683.sized.jpg

DSC02696.sized.jpg

Well, I bit the bullet finally. Got rid of the 4runner and am going to pick it up tomorrow. It is a 99 F250 with a 6 speed tranny, 7.3 diesel, 67K miles, etc. The only things I don't like are the chrome plates below the doors, and the chrome fender trim, it will all be taken off eventually. It is at a dealership near Knoxville, (Clinton TN).
Finally I won't have to worry about not being able to get home. :twisted:
DSC02681.sized.jpg

DSC02685.sized.jpg

DSC02689.sized.jpg

DSC02683.sized.jpg

DSC02696.sized.jpg

from the looks of the pic it appears to have the tritonV8 badges on the fender and not the PS badge on the door.... Maybe worth verifying before the drive

if it is an early 99 then wouldn't it also be a five speed. Also the early 99' had the shitty turbo's. good purcchase all the same hard to find a clean low mielage truck like that.

And dont you have the bigger turbo for that truck for sale Chase?
I have a nice big 4" stainless exhaust for that truck for sale too!

looks like a good find. WE have that same hitch in the bed of the dually, LOVE IT. It's low profile enought that loading large items isn't an issue, and he have the capability of 5th wheel and gooseneck.

Back