Weird pop up/adware link, only on NC4x4.

BLarkin

Not sure who to address this to, so I'll say @shawn and @trailhugger just to make sure it gets covered.

I've been getting a popup/redirect, only on this site, using FireFox 34.0.5 on Win Vista. It's a www.softwareupdaterlp.com link, full link is included below. I've never seen this on my iPhone before, which is what I normally browse the site on. But earlier this week, I used my desktop to access the site, and I got this popup link, saying I needed to run an update. I'm pretty computer savvy, so I assumed this was some kind of hoax. I closed out of everything, ran 2 different virus scans, everything showed up clear on my computer.

So fast forward to tonight, I get the same message. I've been on a bunch of different sites tonight on my desktop computer, and when I come back to NC4x4, I get this link again. I google searched it, and sure enough, it appears to be some type of adware/malware/bad stuff.

I cant remember what thread I was in earlier in the week when I got the message; but, tonight, i was in the 'what beer are you drinking' thread.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know what may be causing it? Seems sort of strange to me.

Code:
https://softwareupdaterlp.com/campaign/pagewin6/?ID=trillmstrcpi2&sub=trillmstrcpi2&S2=wRUH4TV1K7RL7RQHGVKO5K76

Same thing just happened to me.

It's probably coming through an ad.

I get this at random. But only once per session. Usually it's on a picture heavy thread.

POP up add.JPG

^^^^ That would be "it."

It's probably coming through an ad.
Correct you are. Found it.
The NR Experiment
Where dafuq did that come from?

Back