Warn Premium Hub Problem

Pinkston

So I just finished converting my chevy dana 44 on the trooper to 8 lug, putting in yukon shafts and joints, and warn premium hubs. I am having a problem with the drivers side hub moving from free to lock while I am driving down the road. I am on my second set(in about a month) right now. I figured the first time it was just a fluke so I took them back, but sure enough this morning it did the same thing. I have not taken the new hub apart to see if there is any damage, but on the first hub it broke the springs inside.

Any input on why this is happening?

Do you have a lot of front end vibrations? Does the hub turn real easy?

The only front end vibes I get are from the drive shaft when its spinning. The hub is difficult to turn(lock and unlock). I am begining to think the axle shaft is touching the inside of the hub and as the hub is spinning going down the road its getting locked into place.

i get the same problem from time to time, it nevers fully engages in lock by itself but goes about halfway between and starts to rattle and make noise. this usually happens after i break something in the axle and dont replace the hub.
i figure shock loading.

whenever i get em warrantied it stops till i break sumthin else.

Back