Volunteer ideas

Decomp

Your atv ally
I really appreciate you guys working so hard on the trails. Riding and camping out there takes lots of stress off out of my life.
I know lots of work always needs to be done, but maybe in the future we could tackle one project at the time. Sure there will be too many people on one project, but that's one good thing I like about volunteering.
I know somebody is grabbing at their mouse to hit the reply button to tell me how dumb it is and how impractical it is to only do one project at a time, but calm down. It's just an idea.
Volunteers will be hard to come by if we keep reading about these work day horror stories. My group of idiots and I do our part in picking up trash and donating what we can to help out with rentals and what not.
I've only been on one volunteer trip in Uwharrie and I had a blast. We had too many trucks and too many people tossing out bales of straw. My job was to jump out and hammer the stakes down. It rained on us, but it made the trails more fun to ride. We even had time for some delicious hotdogs.
This is volunteer work, not community service.
Just thought I'd give my opinion on the next work day. Not looking for anyone to be offended. Thanks again for the hard work you guys did the other day. From an atv rider, the wooden bridges are really fun. :beer:

This June workday/weekend was a BIG one. Don't worry they won't be like this again. I'll say July/August will be simply Trash pick up, trail markers and carsonite signs, due to the heat. So they'll be easy work days, hot, but easy, and a little fun.

Don't get scared off. We're in the hot months now, and the workdays will be "light work" days, until it cools off a bit.

Don't expect bobcats for a while. We will have things like 2 man augers, and handtools, but I don't see us doing BIG projects like just happened for the time being.

So come on and have a good time, free trail rides and camping. :beer::beer:

I should make a video comparing Uwharrie to Brown Mtn trails, Huge difference!

The hard work isn't a problem either. I just think it would bring back more Work Happiness if we could work in larger groups instead of having a entire list of things. It would make for easier planning and less complaining.

But anyways, I hope to see you all at the next one.

next month will be "everyone pick up trash, and maybe put up some trail markers".

..with some carsonite signs tossed in the mix. You can roll in as big a group as you want, and do those tasks. There'll be a chance to pick which trail you wanna do the work on, if the trail adopters aren't there you can do their trail, or join them, if that's the trail you wanna do and they are there.

I'm tellin ya, the next couple of workdays will be easy and fun. PROMISE.:beer:

Big group, putting up trail markers and picking up trash... reminds me of my first ever trip to Uwharrie... when I met Terry (YHDG!) and spent time getting to know Rob, Rich, Mike Shilling and a few others... the NC4x4 OGs :lol:

:beer:

Back