Uwharrie Trail Work Day #8, November 20th

Will you be attending Work Day #8?

• Total voters

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
WORK LOAD:

To my understanding none of the guard rail got put up the last work day. So more than likely we will not be putting up guard railing for this up coming work day because its going to be interesting with the Rockvember event falling on the same weekend. So we will see how things go.

SCHEDULE:

8AM - OUTPOST BREAKFAST
9AM - MEET AT HUNT CAMP
1PM - 1:30PM - LUNCH AT THE DOUBLE PARKING LOT
3PM - PENDING THE GROUP MORE TRAIL WORK AND/OR TRAIL RIDES

LODGING:

As always there will be free camping offered for the volunteers. There are Cabin rentals available in the area for those not interested in camping.

FUTURE/OTHER WORK:

Everything hinges on that the contractors are done at this point. And from there the next hurdle is the Rockvember event corresponding with the next work day. We have to organize a work day around a massive event, which is no simple task. I understand most people don't like to hear the word safety, but its going to be a major concern with that many people out there. From that point the December work day hasn't even been confirmed yet. If it is, it will be an off-season work day which will hopefully mean a heavy work load.

it seems to me that a more common-sense plan would be to reschedule a workday if a major event is scheduled to take place on that weekend. :confused:

To my understanding none of the guard rail got put up the last work day.

There was NO ONE there from NC4x4! The FS had 3 of their personnel there to expedite getting things done and were expecting a crew and auger from NC4x4. The ONLY people that showed up were CTB! We worked on our adopted trail, Sawmill.

Well I wasn't up there officially during the weekend. I came up Friday afternoon in the Mazda 626 to drop off the food for the group dinner. I talked to the group of about 4 or 5 that were supposed to attend the work day for NC4X4 before I left Friday evening. They were going to get the Auger running etc and install the guard railing. I came back Saturday evening right before dinner to find no one attended the work day. I figured the way they were talking Friday afternoon they would be just fine on their own showing up etc. I guess without someone there saying "Lets go to the work day" etc stuff fell apart.

Not having a running vehicle killed my abillity to attend the last work day, and then I had a family emergency to boot.

I'll be there weather permitting as usual!

I'll be out of town for Thanksgiving.

Good news. I ordered a OME suspension lift 9/20, all the JKS parts(F/R adj. trac bars, disconnects) will arrive tomorrow.

I HOPE to install the lift this weekend, and should have 33's on sometime this week.

:bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:

Sorry I'll miss thisun yall.

I will be out of town all of this week and will not be able to finish the turbocharger swap on my 4Runner in time to actually get it ready for working on the trails. My rig will be at the SFWDA stand.

I'm in charge of Rockvember so I can't make it out on Saturday with all the events that will be taking place at the Stables BUT I've got a good size group that is suppose to be going on the trails with me for a trail clean up day on Sunday (the 21st)!!!! If there's anything specific that my guys can help with, please let us know so we can do our share as well. If anyone needs to contact me, you can reach me at Rick Hendrick Toyota at (910)868-5071 and ask for Daniel!

Hi Everyone - The 2 work weekends we have scheduled are this upcoming weekend (Nov 20-21) and then December 18th. For this upcoming work weekend we are not going to do any heavy duty work with the guardrail. I would like any of the volunteers that are planning on coming up this weekend to focus on trash clean up, cleaning out drainage ditches with hand tools and putting up trail markers. The reason for this is there is an event on the trails this weekend the Rockvember Event and we'll have folks patrolling instead of working on the maintenance of the trails and additionally with more people coming up to ride the trails this weekend I think it'll be too busy to have people on the trails with equipment. I don't want any accidents. We'll have the correct names of the adoptees on the trails by this weekend as they signs have arrived! Also, with the ribbon cutting ceremony this Friday for the Dickey Bell Trail Bridge it is a bit hectic as well.

I propose that on the December 18th work weekend that what ever clubs are available to work then that we coordinate the installation of guardrail, reflectors/arrows for some of the curves that are difficult to see at night and cleaning out of drainage ditches and installation of haybales. This weekend will be the first one after the trails are closed for the winter and we'll be able to do work on the trails and not worry about blocking traffic.

Please let me know if your clubs are planning on working on the December 18th weekend. Also, please let me know if any of your clubs or members will be able to make it for the Dickey Bell event this Friday the 19th at 2 pm. So far we have the CFSJC members coming and that is the trail they've adopted. Thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate all of your help this season!

Bye - Terry
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Theresa Stevens Savery (Terry)
District Recreation Staff Supervisor
National Forests of North Carolina
Uwharrie National Forest

WORK DAY E-MAIL FROM TERRY SAVERY.

I'll still be there this coming saturday the 20th. looks like great weather.

Back