Uwharrie Trail Work Day #16, August 20th

Will You Be Attending?

• Total voters

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
I have not yet heard from Terry Savery if this will be another light load workday, or if it will be a heavy load day. She did tell me they want to do the next equipment workday in September, so September will be a heavy work day for sure. We will have a machine with a bucket and hydraulic breaker to knock out some items on the list, plus I think the goal is to have another group with the 2-man auger getting guard rail installed. But that is September our current focus is August.

I am very happy with how the July workday went, it was a nice rebound. Lets keep it up and make the August workday another great one. The schedule stays the same:

8AM - Breakfast @ OUTPOST
9AM - Hunt Camp Meeting
1:30PMish - Lunch
2:30PM + - Finish work/Ride Trails

Ill try to make this one.

I be at this one first one this year . Had to work most of all the others. Hope to see sum of the bronco and zuks this time. Be at Arrowhead around lunch on friday site 15.:driver:

I'll be there. Can you arrange a little rain Friday to knock down the dust a bit?

David

Hah, I wish. No URE Dust would be a luxury any day.

Right now I don't know if it will be a light word load or a heavy one, but I know there are certain people trying to push for it to be a light load. As hot as its been I don't see why not having it as a light load day. We got very lucky that the weather wasn't too hot, actually fairly nice last workday in July. Who knows maybe we will have nice weather again, because I know 100+ degrees on a workday would suck.

Since you're already planning on a heavy work day in September (and although I know there is plenty to do both months), it seems like a light load work day that can also double as face-to-face planning time between all the volunteers for the heavy work day would be a great idea.

I know I've been a little scarce lately, but we were on vacation and have had a few health probs lately. I've been keeping up with the work weekends though. Due to appointment this Friday, we won't be at URE this Saturday either. Looking forward to September though. Sorry about the no shows, Your Hot Dog Guy!

I know I've been a little scarce lately, but we were on vacation and have had a few health probs lately. I've been keeping up with the work weekends though. Due to appointment this Friday, we won't be at URE this Saturday either. Looking forward to September though. Sorry about the no shows, Your Hot Dog Guy!

Hope you guys feel better/stay healthy.

Here is the last minute e-mail from Terry Savery:

Hi Everyone - I'm very sorry about the late notice for this month's work weekend. For August 20th - this Saturday, I've heard from Olde North State Cruisers that they will be coming up for this weekend. We're doing a low key work weekend this weekend like we did in July due to budget issues and due to people's work schedules. If your club is planning on coming up please go to Janet Becker's at Arrowhead Campground and pick up tools for cleaning out the tail ditches of the rolling dips, trail markers, hammers, nails, trash bags, etc. and hit the trails. Janet will give me the sign in sheets so I'll get documentation of your volunteer hours.

Olde North State Cruisers - I heard from Clint that you'd have about 5 people coming up this weekend. For this Saturday we need one crew of about 2 folks to go around and install carsonite posts and add the labels to them in a bunch of locations on several trails including Wolf Den. Drew Brown can meet you at 9 am at Wolf Den Trailhead and give you the supplies and then he'd head out with the crew that would be doing that work and he can work with them in the morning until about 11:30. He'll have the list of sites that need signs installed at them. The other folks in your group that can make it can use shovels to clean out tail ditches, get trash bags, trail markers, hammers, nails, etc and do general maintenance and marking of Wolf Den Trail. If you'll need campsites please contact Janet Becker asap so she can get them set for you. Her email is uwharriehost@hotmail.com. Thanks a lot.

On September 17th we'll have a big work weekend but unlike last weekend I'd like all of the clubs to contact me directly and let me know which clubs will be there. I need a good estimate of how many from your club will really be there and if you'll have any equipment. I'd like to coordinate projects for the adoptees to do on their specific trails and determine what equipment needs you'd all have, so if your club is coming in September please let me know the details of your group size and potential equipment you'd bring and I can plan the appropriate scale projects. For September I know NC 4x4 will be getting some equipment and I'll have their group working on their own projects but I don't know for the other clubs. If your club is not going to be there for the Sept 17th work weekend or if you're only going to have a small group and don't want to do a big project please let me know that as well to help me with organization of the projects.

CNC - Slab Pile Trail - I've heard from Richard that your club would be available for a work weekend on Slab Pile Trail for the November work weekend. The sites that did not get worked on in June that were on the list will be ones I'd like to get done with your club in November. I'll send you a separate note about the details of what needs to be worked on for your trail and we can prioritize them and figure out what can be done in Nov and what can be done when the trails are closed.

Thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate your help on the trails. Bye - Terry

Back