Uwharrie National Forest - Art Lilley Memorial Camp Ground - Info

Another question. If I remember correctly this area leads into one the trail heads (Falls Dam?); therefore you have access to all the trails with your side by side or ATV directly from the camping area LEGALLY? You would get to the double parking lot via Falls Dam then up Dickey Bell to Rocky Mt loop.

I hope so, this is the main reason I want to camp here.

Is Art Lilley Campground gated and locked up with this gov't shutdown? I understand the bathroom isn't being pumped and trash not removed, but is it gated and locked? I see that the trails are open still and this campground is sort of part of the trail system, but not sure if they have a gate/lock on the campground/parking lot entrance.

Good you mentioned that. I noticed a gate on the map at the intersection of 576 and 516. I assume it is a seasonal / closure gate.

Was mentioned last night on the News, the Ranger at Pisgah, made an Inn shut down, because it is on Leased Pisgah property. Inn keeper had to refund & evict his customers!:poop:

Was mentioned last night on the News, the Ranger at Pisgah, made an Inn shut down, because it is on Leased Pisgah property. Inn keeper had to refund & evict his customers!:poop:

Yep, I heard about that. So I assume he gets his lease prorated for the month.

Thanks for the help on this folks. We all got our campers to Art Lilley just fine and camped fri/sat night. Just took it slow. Had a blast and hope to got back again before the winter close down.

it cool runnin into you guys this weekend, wishing I had a toter for my rig to camp in.

yes small group. two samis one camoed and built really basic with simple exo, rear cage and bumpers. I think someone made a comment about it being a golf cart. right before it crawled up the trail :). The other a really clean DD locked frt/rear and transfer case gears sprung over and lifted. One truggied yota exo flat bed dark red and black well built with all the standard yota goodies. (for sale btw). Last my Ranger yellow/blue/red/some unpainted aluminum, ect. Most notably narrowed front clip and flatbed D44/9 combo with hydro steer.

what were you piloting?

Back