USPS, again, again

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by kaiser715, Dec 3, 2019 at 11:29 AM.

1. kaiser715

kaiser715 Doing hard time

I had an amazon order due in on Saturday. We have a (great) rural carrier that sometimes does packages, but when they get busy they have subsitute carriers that handle packages only.

This package didn't arrive on Saturday. The tracking update on my phone said "hold at post office at customer request". Same thing on Sunday. Same thing happened on Monday.

About 10 this morning, a car pulls up in front of the house (remember, we are 1/3 mile off the paved road). Honks the horn and just sits there. I don't recognize the car, so I just watch for a few minutes. Honks the horn again. I go out...it's the USPS delivery driver. She was afraid to get out of the car. There are no dogs or anything around. It's not dark. No stars and bars hanging on the porch. It's 20 feet from the drive to the front porch.

So...she's been to the house four trips, and given up every day, until I was home to walk out to her van and get the package. On a rural route.

Not gonna be racist or anything, I'll let you guess.

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 11.19.08 AM.png

2. RHSCTJ

RHSCTJ Well-Known Member

I hate usps. That is something my regular rural carrier would do.

3. cranbiz

cranbiz Well-Known Member

My carriers are great up here in Wentworth. Helps that two of the 3 drive Jeeps.

My main carrier has a RHD JKU and has grabbed my dog and brought her home when she strayed too far from the house.

Now the substitute carriers in Durham did suck a$$ but my primary one was also really good.

4. LBarr2002

LBarr2002 Well-Known Member

I had an amazon delivery that was supposed to be delivered Saturday before Thanksgiving. It was "delayed" and I got the message from amazon saying it would be there Friday or Saturday. I was pretty annoyed because it was something I actually needed in a hurry.

I didn't check the mail Thursday because Thanksgiving, but my niece went to the mailbox first thing Friday morning, before mail was delivered, and it was in the box. Amazon shows it was delivered on Thanksgiving...

5. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Motarded

I'm surprised "this person" actually drove all the way to your house. Even if the gate is open, there's enough going on before you even crest the hill to see your house to discourage many folks from venturing too far from the pavement.

Must have been that big Trump 2020 flag flying from the porch :smokin:

The amazon trucks were rolling all day thanksgiving AND sunday in our neighborhood. Hell I saw 5 different mail trucks this AM on my way to work at 6:30am

Chris_Keziah and rodney eppes like this.
  6. rodney eppes

rodney eppes Well-Known Member

If it happened to me, I'd be raising hell with the PO Manager. Especially after the Lie of "customer request"! But I see a lot of PO complaints, & it seems to be a "Area" thing. The area Your in, & the PO that serves you. When i was in Charlotte, with a mailbox on the street, I never had a problem. Been 20 years in Mount Holly, with front porch delivery, & Never had a problem. Service at the PO can be slow, if your mailing something or getting stamps. But that's due to only having 1 or 2 counter workers. They're always pleasant to you.

7. JSJJ388

JSJJ388 GREEN GREMLIN

We have a great carrier, and a shitty substitute. We had our sons birth certificate mailed to us. The sub FOLDED it (not bent slightly, but folded neatly in half), stuck it in the box, and then left the mail box open. She has left packages sitting by the mailbox, in the rain. our house is maybe 60 ft from the road and its only maybe 30 ft from driveway up to the porch. Our regular carrier will put things in my garage to keep them dry.

rodney eppes likes this.
  8. Caver Dave

Caver Dave Just holdin' it down here in BFV Moderator

You think the USPS "subs" are bad... our FedEx "route" gets auctioned off 2-3 times every *WEEK*!
    The "drivers" are the package vendor equivalent of SWIFT... :rolleyes:

@Tater says that even Brown Santa is using a POV (Personally Owned Vehicle) "fleet", attempting to keep ahead of BF/CM/Holiday volume...

rodney eppes likes this.
  9. anvilrubi

anvilrubi Well-Known Member

What’s wrong with the stars and bars?

JSJJ388, kaiser715 and rodney eppes like this.
  10. kaiser715

kaiser715 Doing hard time

From my perspective, nothing at all.

anvilrubi and JSJJ388 like this.