used 6.0 chip/programmer question...

RufusTheRam

okay, i'm planning to purchase a programer/chip for my dad's 05 powerstroke for his birthday. after looking at all the new stuff, my budget is only enough to cover something used.

i would go with dp tuner if i had the money to buy new, but i don't and haven't come across a used dp. his birthday is this week, so i need to make my decision on something ASAP. i've narrowed it down to 3 choices that i can afford. they are:

1. diablosport predator 3 position

2. quadzilla 120hp 3 position

3. sct xcalibrator 2

any opinions on what's the best choice of the 3? price difference is negligable. the truck is completely stock, and this is the only mod he's got planned for it besides guages and possibley straight piping it.

fwiw to anyone else, after googling around a few hours last night it appears the sct is the best choice. plus, it appears that dp can write files for it.

SCT is hands down the best choice, depending on who is doing the programming.

- Mac

cool. the one i bought comes with some files from innovative diesel, who appears to have a very good reputation on thedieselstop.com.

They sure do. My brother Sam has their extreme race tune on his F-350, and it is plain sick! It will flat out walk away from my truck with the Edge on level 5. Eric and those boys make some serious power with their programming.

- Mac

yep, the extreme is one of the files i/he got with it. from what i've read, he needs to at least do some exhaust work before using it though.

wow, put the extreme street tune on and what a difference. it'll burn the tires off most of the way through 2nd gear. also breaks them loose no problem from a 30-35mph roll.

can't wait for him to get some exhaust work done and try out the extreme race tune.

Back