UROC @ Jellico,Tn April 22-24

FishHunt

Anyone from NC4x4 plan on going to the UROC event at Jellico? I am leaving out on the afternoon of the 22nd and plan on heading back home after the Saturday event is over.

UROC

Fish

I will be heading out that way also on the 22nd and come home that sunday sometime............anybody want to go?

Probaly will be there with a group of 3-6. Staying at the campground in the park outside of town.

Will update as the date gets closer.

Will hopefully be going with Franklin and crew. Should be a free weekend for me.
Nathan

JPScout said:
Will hopefully be going with Franklin and crew. Should be a free weekend for me.
Nathan

Wohoo. Lets see if we can beat the 9 rolls in the first 3 hour mark.

Yup, it is something you go and watch. Unless you have :huggy: $$$, a big dog rig and the skill to drive it. A really good spotter would come in handy also.

If you are going to be in Jellico on the 22nd, how about meeting at Buckner's to eat around dark that Friday? I'd like to meet some you and put faces with the names/rigs that I have saw online.

Fish a.k.a--> Travis

braxton357 said:
I'll be there with Rob Ellis. Does anyone happen to know the actual driving time from jellico to the ocoee?

Ocoee huh? Is that the actual name of the comp site. Been 3 times never knew that.

Hey I know Rob, great guy. Are you spotting for him? If he needs any help that weekend feel free to let him know anyone in my group will gladly help do some grunt work.

Its about 25-30 minutes from town to the comp site if I remember correctly. LOTS of curves so take it easy.

Usually long line to get in, parking lot w/ 3-4" of mud. We usually make a parking place somewhere along the gravel road :D

I will PM you my cell#

upnover said:
Help me out here guys.....is this something that you go and watch?
Chip

Dude you need to go see some of this. Ever seen a rig go DOWN a 55* slope while the rocks are moving underneath it? End over end over end.

You will have a blast

Franklin said:
Dude you need to go see some of this. Ever seen a rig go DOWN a 55* slope while the rocks are moving underneath it? End over end over end.

You will have a blast

Nope, well,...yes, kinda..........I have rolled mine end over end. Wasn't pretty. Two rolls and then over on my side. kinda makes the ol' knee shake when I am in that situation these days. Down hill definatly gets my attention and respect!
Chip

You will have a blast, I agree 100%. This event is very spectator friendly. Its worth the ride out to Jellico to watch.

Have any of you heard that UROC is looking to move the UROC East events away from Jellico? Ohio and Indiana are the the places I have heard mentioned.

Fish

Anybody know spectator cost? Is there one?

Me and about 6 of my friends are heading up. Statesville if anyone wants to carpool.

csudman said:
Anybody know spectator cost? Is there one?

Me and about 6 of my friends are heading up. Statesville if anyone wants to carpool.

About $10/day was what it was last year. But for some reason on sunday there was no one manning the booths.

I will check this thread when the date approaches and we can possibly get a caravan together.

Franklin said:
About $10/day was what it was last year. But for some reason on sunday there was no one manning the booths.

I will check this thread when the date approaches and we can possibly get a caravan together.

For sure, its always more fun with more people.

Leaving Burlington, NC around 2:00pm today heading for Jellico, Tn. :driver:

If you see a dark green YJ with a black hard top, speeding down I-40 gimme a shout on the CB or the International Sign of Ill Will as you speed by... :flipoff2:

I hope to see & meet some of the NC folks out in Jellico.

<>< Travis

We're hoping to get goin about 5, but were staying in Knoxville, I can't do without my creature comforts.

Being as this is my first comp., should I bring my folding chairs? anything else? I'm planning on a umbrella.

You'll know us if you pass a White 85' xtd cab toy going 35 mph up the mountians and we pass you again goin 95 back down.

csudman said:
We're hoping to get goin about 5, but were staying in Knoxville, I can't do without my creature comforts.

Being as this is my first comp., should I bring my folding chairs? anything else? I'm planning on a umbrella.

You'll know us if you pass a White 85' xtd cab toy going 35 mph up the mountians and we pass you again goin 95 back down.

Small folding camp chair / umbrella or rain jacket / backpack with some bottled water and snacks and you should be fine. Its decent walk back to your vehicle in the parking area but not too long.

<>< Travis

P.S. If you are going to this event and are planning on taking I-75 out of Knoxville to Jellico, PLEASE READ THIS. It will save you a lot of time and headaches on your trip.

EVENT INFORMATION:
UROC is pleased to announce the Extreme Rockcrawling Nationals East Season opener in Jellico, TN.
JELLICO DIRECTIONS
you are coming north on I-75 please for GODSAKE follow these modified directions to Jellico. Traffic is a nightmare and I am giving the same directions I take when I go home on I-75 north. Get off at the Clinton/Norris Exit (Exit 122) Turn right. Go past the Museum of Appilachia and turn left on to US HWY 441 immediately before the redlight at Hughley's IGA. If you turn at the red light you will go through Norris, TN which is a nice little town but to save time it is the right turn just before that redlight. This is the NORRIS Freeway. Follow the Norris Freeway the entire way to Lake City, TENNESSEE. Get back on I-75 for 6 more miles and re-exit at exit 134 Carryville, Jacksboro, and LaFollette. Turn right onto Hwy. 63. Follow 63 through Jacksboro and into LaFollette. You will pass many places on this route the Wal Mart, Woodson's Mall, Campbell County High School, etc. Drive into downtown LaFollette, TN. Turn left onto N. Tennesse Ave. (Landmarks at that intersection: Two Banks People's National Bank will be on left and First National Bank will be on right. Follow N. Tennessee untill it ends Turn left onto US Hwy 25-W north. Follow all the way to Jellico, TN. This will relieve the headaches.

You guys have checked the weather right? Sunday "should" be ok sat is rain. No thanks, comps suck in the rain

If you are staying in Knoxville find Cotton Eyed Joes, 3k+ cowboy bar right beside a hotel $50 a night. Stumbling distance from the bar. Knights Inn I believe

Back