under 21 and becoming a paying member

awheelterd

Can't come up with the $5.50 to be a supporting member???

i could, but as an under 21 member, i can't access the garage whether i pay or not. the other stuff would be nice but its not necessary. the only real benefit i can see from being a paying member would be a warm fuzzy feeling down deep in my heart. id be happy to pay if i could view and contribute to the garage because the topics of general discussion are so limited. but as it is now, for good reason no doubt, id be able to have a nice pretty avatar, a larger pm box and a red star but no garage access, therefore ill hold my $5.50 for the next 17 months until i can put it to good use.

and no im not trying to be a smart ass or an asshole. i look at things that deal with my hard earned money from strictly a cost/benefit stand point and the benefits have not yet reached a level equal to the cost in regards to becoming a paying member for me.

i could, but as an under 21 member, i can't access the garage whether i pay or not. the other stuff would be nice but its not necessary. the only real benefit i can see from being a paying member would be a warm fuzzy feeling down deep in my heart. id be happy to pay if i could view and contribute to the garage because the topics of general discussion are so limited. but as it is now, for good reason no doubt, id be able to have a nice pretty avatar, a larger pm box and a red star but no garage access, therefore ill hold my $5.50 for the next 17 months until i can put it to good use.
and no im not trying to be a smart ass or an asshole. i look at things that deal with my hard earned money from strictly a cost/benefit stand point and the benefits have not yet reached a level equal to the cost in regards to becoming a paying member for me.

Just a personal response, but knowing you are supporting this board and this community should be worth something to you.
this site is not free and $5.50 isn't breaking anyone. Hell I'll blow that in couch cushions most years.

FWIW the g'rage prolly sees 2-3 threads/day.
Its probably the least visited forum by me.

So you don't gain anything else from the board? Not the tech info, not the friendship, not anything? The donation for the board keeps it up and running. It's not just for the garage, the avatar, the ability to post pictures. Those are just benifits awarded to those that contribute. The real reason to contribute is because you enjoy the board, and find it useful.

But, that is your decision.

Hell, it came down to getting a pint that day or paying for the diamond.
Damn I wish I had gotten the coffee drink, this board is worth SOOO much less than another pint would have been.
:flipoff2::flipoff2:

(I did forget about renewing this year for a few days till some kind moderator pointed out I was a moron. :lol: )

Just a personal response, but knowing you are supporting this board and this community should be worth something to you.
this site is not free and $5.50 isn't breaking anyone. Hell I'll blow that in couch cushions most years.
FWIW the g'rage prolly sees 2-3 threads/day.
Its probably the least visited forum by me.
So you don't gain anything else from the board? Not the tech info, not the friendship, not anything? The donation for the board keeps it up and running. It's not just for the garage, the avatar, the ability to post pictures. Those are just benifits awarded to those that contribute. The real reason to contribute is because you enjoy the board, and find it useful.

But, that is your decision.

damn it, now yall are making me feel like im all cold hearted and scroogish.

shit, i reckon ill look around an figure out how to pay now. the farthest id looked into it was seeing what i got for paying and i wrote it off from there. damn it now i gotta put some effort into it. :lol:

It's one meal at McDonalds. It's two coffees at Starbucks. It used to be 2 gallons of gas, now it is close to 4, but still.

OTOH, I'm over 21 and I can't get in the garage. Maybe there's a "wait" or something.

Garage requirements, over 21, donating member, member on the board for 90 days.

dang it, i just wanna read the political threads, i dont wanna write'em.

any exceptions ever been made for paying under 21yr olds? :brows:

Damn, did ya'll see what is in the Garage today?? Oh, I guess some of you didn't. Anyway, my life is now changed for the better, glad I'm in my 30's and had $5.50:flipoff2:

Damn, did ya'll see what is in the Garage today?? Oh, I guess some of you didn't. Anyway, my life is now changed for the better, glad I'm in my 30's and had $5.50:flipoff2:

awww.pirate4x4.com_forum_images_smilies_laughing2.gif

:flipoff2:

I went to the grocery store last night to get a gallon of milk... a whole bunch of $hit and $50 later I left the grocery store... what's $5.50 for a year? Actually it is $0.46 a month, or $0.12 a week, or $0.02 a day... I know I get my money's worth!

I went to the grocery store last night to get a gallon of milk... a whole bunch of $hit and $50 later I left the grocery store... what's $5.50 for a year? Actually it is $0.46 a month, or $0.12 a week, or $0.02 a day... I know I get my money's worth!

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

lol...you guys are assholes.
I see you got your diamond. how's that warm fuzzy feeling?

Just in case you feel like your missing anything from the garage...here is an overview of what happened today:

Poster1 "I think this way"
Poster2 "you are wrong"
Poster1 "you are an idiot for not believing what i say"
Poster3 "How do i know what you say is true, can you cite a reference"
Poster4 "You are all idiots, here's how it really is"
Poster5 "i choose not to believe in any of it"
Poster1 "yeah, but i still think this way"
Poster2 "poster4 you are wrong and here is why"

and so on and so on for about 4-5 pages before said topic dies.

Lot's of debating but in the end, no one ever changes their minds or cedes to the other side. still fun though =)

lol...you guys are assholes.
I see you got your diamond. how's that warm fuzzy feeling?
Just in case you feel like your missing anything from the garage...here is an overview of what happened today:
Poster1 "I think this way"
Poster2 "you are wrong"
Poster1 "you are an idiot for not believing what i say"
Poster3 "How do i know what you say is true, can you cite a reference"
Poster4 "You are all idiots, here's how it really is"
Poster5 "i choose not to believe in any of it"
Poster1 "yeah, but i still think this way"
Poster2 "poster4 you are wrong and here is why"
and so on and so on for about 4-5 pages before said topic dies.
Lot's of debating but in the end, no one ever changes their minds or cedes to the other side. still fun though =)

BINGO
+ a few new additions to the NSFW post your hottie pics....

BINGO
+ a few new additions to the NSFW post your hottie pics....

well if thats all it is then, it sounds like a smaller version of the jeepin.com ot

we have a very healthy NWS thread, 150+ pages and a good number of linked pics...........

well if thats all it is then, it sounds like a smaller version of the jeepin.com ot
we have a very healthy NWS thread, 150+ pages and a good number of linked pics...........

GREAT....go hand out at Jeepin:flipoff2:

BTW how often does your mom show up there, (I kid, I kid at least a lil)

Ive been a donating member for a while, and Im still under 21. Glad to see you picked up your diamond as well. It really has nothing to do with whether your 21 or not. Its a respect kinda thing, as well as supporting a great forum for a tightly knit hobby (at least the good ones who care about it...anyone can lift a Jeep/Yota/Rover/Ford/Chevy/whatever the hell else you drive) It takes a special kind of person to actually participate in the hobby the RIGHT way with that lifted vehicle...

In any case, within in a month, the garage will go to hell because I will gain access to it! :flipoff2:

Back