Turkeygiving plans

Just basted #2 and wrapped the wings in foil. Sad I don't get to taste this one.

That's apple chips wrapped in the foil.

It's at 125* inside. Will cover the whole thing in about :30.

2efaa1daaa0618b45fa1a2a608fb4cd0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

20191127_210309.jpg

Going to clean up the kitchen a bit and then take it easy. All the make-ahead stuff is done and the house is halfway clean. :lol: Turkey will come out of the brine at 7am and should be in the oven by 8.

Turkey #3 flew out the window. Family stuff happened that needed our attention, so it's in the freezer for later. T-giving ended up being Cracker Barrel for breakfast and Aberdeen McDonalds for supper. #4 is going to cook Saturday. @skyhighZJ we were tempted to show up but would have probably just got there for nap time. Maybe next time.

I did make a batch of Apple Pie tonight. Smooth, tasty, and my legs feel funny after ample testing.

1c974f4cab9d6aca8ab91086f5eb07a0.jpg

Last edited:
Recipe I used this time:

1 gallon Apple Juice
1 gallon Apple Cider
1 1.75L Everclear 190
1 .75L Smirnoff Whipped Cream Vodka
1 cup White Sugar
1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
2 cups Honey
8 Cinnamon Sticks
1 tsp Ginger
1 tsp Nutmeg

Everything but the alcohol in a stock pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer 20-30 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Add Everclear and Whipped Cream Vodka. (At this point I poured into a 5 gallon water cooler with dispensing spout). Keep stirred as you decant into jars. Discard cinnamon sticks from stock pot. Put fresh cinnamon stick in each jar. Refrigerate.

The batch was enough to fill 22-1/2 pint jars.

It's pretty good.

Turkey #3 flew out the window. Family stuff happened that needed our attention, so it's in the freezer for later. T-giving ended up being Cracker Barrel for breakfast and Aberdeen McDonalds for supper. #4 is going to cook Saturday. @skyhighZJ we were tempted to show up but would have probably just got there for nap time. Maybe next time.

I did make a batch of Apple Pie tonight. Smooth, tasty, and my legs feel funny after ample testing.

1c974f4cab9d6aca8ab91086f5eb07a0.jpg
Would have loved to have you. We had more food than we new what to do with! Had a few people over but we were in full lazy mode by 7:30pm!

A little prime rib for tomorrows gathering. One on the rare side of medium rare for the men. One medium well for the ladies and lesser men.

f55f559d8054a60ac7db930b53230655.jpg

Not too much turkey left for the possums tonight....

9e52b1f215febbecc4e2283eb812b269.jpg

Back