Turkey recipes

RatLabGuy

You look like a monkey and smell like one too
OK fellas lets hear 'em.

This year we're in charge of Thanksgiving for the whole family, I'm thinking about wrapping the turkey in bacon and using a sausage/bread stuffing cooked inside, along w/ some onions and other things to juice it up.
I know a lot of folks, in addition to battering the outside, also peel back the skin and slip butter and other things between it and the breast, then re-seal it.
But what about slipping some bacon right in there? Wondering if that would make it too slimy.

I'll probably brine it the night before too. Have a nice big 24 lb bird so it's taking some work ;-)

I'd lather turkey skin down with butter, get out biggest Pyrex casserole dish, throw that big bastard in there. Pour in a can of beer and some chicken broth, salt and pepper it down. Cook at 350 till skin is golden brown and juice is coming from top.

Call Ingles if you have one nearby. They'll cook any turkey you buy from them for $10. Can't beat that. If no Ingles, try other grocery stores? I hate cooking turkey.

Call Ingles if you have one nearby. They'll cook any turkey you buy from them for $10. Can't beat that. If no Ingles, try other grocery stores? I hate cooking turkey.

but then you miss teh chance to do fun things like adding bacon...

My wife did the brine thing last year where you soak the turkey for 1-2 days. It was very good. Everyone complimented her on it.

naw..fry that bitch...takes me 45 minutes to do a 14 pound bird.It's good and moist. Trust me.You do it once,you will be hooked.

Back