Truck shaking after off-roading

Storyoftheyear08

Hey,
I took my Dodge Ram off roading a couple days ago and afterwards it began to shake going about 55mph. It seems like the tires are off balance, but i am not sure, does anyone know what might be the matter with this?
Thanks a lot,
Mark

Yea, sounds like the tires. Did you air down? It's possible you spun the tire on the rim or knocked off a weight. Pretty much any shop can balance 'em for ya'. Shouldn't cost you more than $50.

Or if you were in the mud and didn't wash off the inside of the wheels it can cause a shake. The clumps of mud will throw off the balance of the tires very easily.

Edit: Stank beat me to it by 2 minutes it apears.

yeah, that sounds about right, i cleaned it today, but i think that there is still some mud on the inside of the tires. im about to go clean it some more in a little while. Ill let ya know if anything else comes up, thanks a lot,
Mark

After a hard day of muddin I'll take the wheels off clean them and the brakes/hubs/suspension good. Pressure washers kick ass.

rbo1577186 said:
After a hard day of muddin I'll take the wheels off clean them and the brakes/hubs/suspension good. Pressure washers kick ass.
:beer:

Back