Trailer of deceased

Robert Wilson

I bought a boat from someone with title in hand which is all good. The trailer however he never registered as he for some reason didn't care. Well after further investigation the original owner which is deceased now and the widow sold the guy the trailer before she also passed. I have a bill of sell from the person I bought it from. So, what do I do?

thanks

I bought a boat from someone with title in hand which is all good. The trailer however he never registered as he for some reason didn't care. Well after further investigation the original owner which is deceased now and the widow sold the guy the trailer before she also passed. I have a bill of sell from the person I bought it from. So, what do I do?

thanks
I believe you may be able to get the highway patrol to inspect it and get paperwork for it? I’m going to have to do this with my new to me boat trailer but it was registered to the PO in Michigan, where they don’t title boat trailers.

If the state it was from doesn't require titles, your Bill of Sale, may be all you need to get a title. Boats & boat trailers are a little different from vehicles. Rules vary by State. Your Wildlife agent can tell you, as the registration is under them.

Back