Trailer lights: 4-pin to 7-pin?

TheZenTree

Is there such a thing as a 4-pin to 7-pin adapter? As in, my truck's connector is 4-pin and the trailer I need to use is a 7-pin.

you could make your own, if they don't sell one at advance or autozone. just pick up a 4prong extension from autozone and plug into you four prong then take the four wires at the other end and put male connectors on the end and plug each individual one into the 7 prong where it goes on the trailer side L turn, r turn, stop, and ground. when you are at autozone look at a diagram of a seven pin connector and it will tell you which each one is or just send power to each one and see what happens.

What he said... and just hope that the trailer you're using is wired to standard... :p

What I did was to buy a trailer end of a 4-pin plug, and take the 7-pin apart, and hooked it into the 7-way on the screw terminals on the inside, in addition to the existing wires there... The trailer owner will probably appreciate it, it's secure, and the wires can't just pull out.

they make a kit, that plugs into the 4 pin, then mounts seperate along with the extra wires creating a 7 pin... when you want to use the other you just unplug it...

If it were me, I'd hard wire the 7 pin and just use an adapter when needed..

Back