Trailer build up is finally under way ( pics)

pic 2

Attachments

• towsetup2.jpg
    towsetup2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,882
Tetanus said:
Hey Ken, setup looks good! I bet you like not having to put the tiny tires on your XJ to get it on a trailer anymore!

Got that right..

It sure was nice to use something I built and have it work :)

FYI, Agri Supply in Garner has axles, rims with mouted tires, fenders, lights, jacks, tounges, etc., etc., rows and rows of the stuff, cheapest I've ever seen too.

Also, rows and rows of hydraulic cylinders, chains, straps, I love that place.

Shannon

Did you ever get the breaks worked out on the trailer. I know on the trailer that i use you can't have the trailer break on at all when there is no load on the trailer or it will lock up all four tires. Even when it has some weight on it having the brakes turned all the way up will still cause the trailer to lock up. Then only way I can turn them all the way up is when I have the bronco on it. Just a thought.

BigBody79 said:
Did you ever get the breaks worked out on the trailer. I know on the trailer that i use you can't have the trailer break on at all when there is no load on the trailer or it will lock up all four tires. Even when it has some weight on it having the brakes turned all the way up will still cause the trailer to lock up. Then only way I can turn them all the way up is when I have the bronco on it. Just a thought.

I have a set number I run loaded and one when unloaded.
That is what is nice about prodigy controlers and most of the better ones out there.
Jon

BigBody79 said:

ya my Prodigy was set incorrect..

But once i found online instructions it works great now...

UPDATE w/ PICS

Well I finally decided it was time to build a set of real ramps and a place to store them on the trailer...

so check them out...

Here is the storage place up for ramps to slide in
trailerramps%20007.jpg

Here it is closed and locked so hopefully my ramps wil not walk away..
trailerramps%20009.jpg

trailerramps%20020.jpg

Here are the ramps going into there storage area
trailerramps%20022.jpg

and one last one of them all the way in
trailerramps%20023.jpg

And now onto the pics showing the ramps on the back of trailer ready for use..

Oh ya the ramps are almost 7 feet long :)

Side shot showing the angle
trailerramps%20015.jpg

Rear shot with them all the way out to side
trailerramps%20016.jpg

trailerramps%20017.jpg

Here is a shot with them moved all the way to center to show range and size of vehicles I wil be able to load..
trailerramps%20018.jpg

trailerramps%20019.jpg

jeepercreature said:
That thing looks great man. I would love to have the time, supplies, and tools to built one. Great Job. Looks better than most homebuilt trailers. Hell, Looks better than all...:driver:

Hey Thanks....

It was along process and took a lot of time but I am more and moe happy everyday that I made this..

Back