Trail clearing help (break off from SHOP thread)

Sitting here in the doctors office scared to click the link

Puss :flipoff2: I clicked on that on my work computer. Just Florida being Florida.

Is it crazy for me to ask how long they been down? Who would drive 2 - 3 hours for wood? Yea I guess I'm that crazy....

One that is pretty much inaccessible (but of course across the trail) about 2 years. The other 5-6 are all basically touching each other and have been down around a year. I think they fell last fall.

I thought about hauling the logs off but haven't really looked into it. Likely not worth fooling with but if I could find a sawmill I might would. But there would be tons of good firewood in them.

All that said, if you want to cut the logs and assist with cleanup you can have all you want. Firewood for years haha.

One that is pretty much inaccessible (but of course across the trail) about 2 years. The other 5-6 are all basically touching each other and have been down around a year. I think they fell last fall.

I thought about hauling the logs off but haven't really looked into it. Likely not worth fooling with but if I could find a sawmill I might would. But there would be tons of good firewood in them.

All that said, if you want to cut the logs and assist with cleanup you can have all you want. Firewood for years haha.
I know a guy here in the ville that has one and offered to cut some wood up for me. He just said it needs to be 8' or a little smaller.

Short notice I know, but would anybody be up for this Saturday? I was up there walking around today and it just makes me want to get up there and start cutting trails
I'm working the next two Saturdays but I'm free here and there during the week.

So with all this social distancing stuff, who wants to spend a day in the woods cutting trees? I am still unsure about one certain hillclimb for trucks (easy on a RZR) but would love to have someone bring something out to give it a shot.

So with all this social distancing stuff, who wants to spend a day in the woods cutting trees? I am still unsure about one certain hillclimb for trucks (easy on a RZR) but would love to have someone bring something out to give it a shot.
I'd like to do this some time but right now I'm working every weekend on the mother in laws new house.

How in tf have I missed this and no one has told me about it. I live in King @Chris_Keziah @CasterTroy @77GreenMachine o_O

@Tacoma747 if you need a hand this weekend just let me know. Or any other time. I don't have a saw but I know how to run one and the Jeep is always ready for trail beatdowns. :lol:

Is there room to park a truck/trailer? I remember you saying it would be better to park in town, but my rig ain't road legal yet (WJ is gone). Got saw and wouldn't mind an escape. Could also just take the truck and go on a hike & cut....which sucks, but it's better than SITTING IN THE DAMN HOUSE FOR ONE MORE DAMN DAY!

@Joe J. @cufor98 I could probably do Saturday if y'all want. Yes there is room for a truck/trailer. Tow rig needs to be 4x4 though.

I have been known to drag my tow rig out a parking lot with my jeep...... I really wish this was closer and I had the time. I need a change of task/scenery....

Is there room to park a truck/trailer? I remember you saying it would be better to park in town, but my rig ain't road legal yet (WJ is gone). Got saw and wouldn't mind an escape. Could also just take the truck and go on a hike & cut....which sucks, but it's better than SITTING IN THE DAMN HOUSE FOR ONE MORE DAMN DAY!
You can park it in my yard if you need to :driver:
@Joe J. @cufor98 I could probably do Saturday if y'all want. Yes there is room for a truck/trailer. Tow rig needs to be 4x4 though.
Aight I'll pm you my number

I'm game and yep, if I need to drag the truck out I will. It's 4x4. Or I can park at Joe's if he's close enough. shoot me the deets.

I would be down to bring the ditch witch 1550 and its toys if ever needed. Have a whole slew of attachments from 4n1 to excavator, grapple etc etc. Its a beast and will dig like hell and fit and go pretty much anywhere

Made some progress today. Cleared one short trail that had a nasty rock section at the end. I made in the RZR easily (1st) then Alan made it fairly easily, then Joe had some trouble, then Alan was completely denied. We also cut a trail to the Ridgeline, and some on the Ridgeline but that was pretty much all that was done today.

Thanks Alan and Joe for the help. Hopefully many more trails to come eventually.

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_120847264_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200404_120847264_HDR.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20200404_121049437.jpg
    IMG_20200404_121049437.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 153
Made some progress today. Cleared one short trail that had a nasty rock section at the end. I made in the RZR easily (1st) then Alan made it fairly easily, then Joe had some trouble, then Alan was completely denied. We also cut a trail to the Ridgeline, and some on the Ridgeline but that was pretty much all that was done today.

Thanks Alan and Joe for the help. Hopefully many more trails to come eventually.
Enjoyed it. And yes.... completely. Denied. Lol

So it has been a couple years since we cut some trails, but if anyone wants to do this again, I'd be up for it, maybe even make it a camping trip.

The one trail we cleared is still clear mostly, and I have taken the RZR to the top of the mountain with minimal clearing, but it would take clearing some limbs to get a vehicle up there. I have been working on my Fummins but it isn't drive able yet, once it is I will haul my skid steer up and do some of the easier trails with the brush cutter. It won't go up up the hill climb to get to the top (well, at least not with me in it).

So if anyone wants to go, feel free to post up or PM. Clearing a loop to make the ridgeline a trail would be ideal and would be a VERY challenging trail.

Attachments

• IMG_20231120_140333884_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231120_140333884_HDR.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 55
So it has been a couple years since we cut some trails, but if anyone wants to do this again, I'd be up for it, maybe even make it a camping trip.

The one trail we cleared is still clear mostly, and I have taken the RZR to the top of the mountain with minimal clearing, but it would take clearing some limbs to get a vehicle up there. I have been working on my Fummins but it isn't drive able yet, once it is I will haul my skid steer up and do some of the easier trails with the brush cutter. It won't go up up the hill climb to get to the top (well, at least not with me in it).

So if anyone wants to go, feel free to post up or PM. Clearing a loop to make the ridgeline a trail would be ideal and would be a VERY challenging trail.
That ridgeline would be pretty cool!

Back