Trail clearing help (break off from SHOP thread)

I may be available for a Saturday in March.

Me too if you think the WJ can make it in there. I'm still trying to help clean up another place since deer season from all the trees down and am usually carting the kids all over the place so it's hard to commit. Hollar at me when you plan to go and if I can, I will. Got saw, will cut!

Me too if you think the WJ can make it in there. I'm still trying to help clean up another place since deer season from all the trees down and am usually carting the kids all over the place so it's hard to commit. Hollar at me when you plan to go and if I can, I will. Got saw, will cut!

It could make is on most the basic logging roads (once cleared better). I am sure some of the obstacles it could manage. I think a lot of the stuff may be either really tough or really easy for the first bit once it starts being ridden on. The logging roads are easy (unless really wet). There is one climb up to the top that I am curious to see a vehicle climb, but a big oak at the top has to be cleared first. This is probably project #1 as it is likely the task that would require the most manpower.

On a side note, If anyone wants firewood and has a 4x4 truck to get it then feel free to take all you want. Where the large oak is at is completely inaccessible, honestly I am not sure if there is any safe way to get the logs down the hill in a manner that would be worth doing. The stuff further down the hill in certain places would be easy enough to get a 4x4 close enough to on a dry day (maybe we will have one of those in a couple years).

Know anyone with an army truck?

Yea, and I have had an 8x8 not be able to make it up the driveway when it's wet :) Which I don't try TOO hard as to avoid tearing the driveway up worse than it is. But where the big oak is fallen across the trail, you wouldn't catch me driving a 4x4, 6x6, or 8x8 up there even if it was dry. Heck, I am too chicken to drive the bulldozer up there. I have slid down the trail in the dozer that is below the 'steep' hill so I don't like getting on the steep stuff. It would likely do it and it is comfortable going UP (with the blade uphill) but coming down it is hard to stay in the seat, and pretty unnerving. I don't know how the guys that grade steep stuff in dozers stay in the seat, they must have 5-point harnesses.

I’m up in the air about the 9th, I have the kids that weekend. But it’s still a maybe.

I'll be at AOP

Re: 9th

Kids and maybe clearing at the deer woods finally. Not sure yet. It'll be a gameday decision for me unfortunately (or the night before).

I will be in AOP as well

What we doing about this?

We need to do something haha. But now it is kind of to the point of being too hot unless it is just a perfect day. I have 6 big oaks trees down I need to clean up, luckily only one is blocking the the trail and is not easily accessible with the excavator.

I might be up for helping this coming winter.

How am I just seeing this thread??? My jeep isnt done, but next time youre going to be up there working Id be happy to come lend a helping hand if I can.

Bumping this back up, it will be cooling off soon.

Definitely. Plus side is the excavator is back up and running now. It's going to take a day just to clear the 5-6 huge oaks that are down. I probably need to do that beforehand really...

Definitely. Plus side is the excavator is back up and running now. It's going to take a day just to clear the 5-6 huge oaks that are down. I probably need to do that beforehand really...
Well let me know a day and I'll see if I'm off work I know how to run an excavator also.

Is it crazy for me to ask how long they been down? Who would drive 2 - 3 hours for wood? Yea I guess I'm that crazy....

Back