Trail clearing help (break off from SHOP thread)

Tacoma747

If anyone is up to clear some trails in Pinnacle, NC, post here or PM me. I have 53 acres on a mountain, ~700ft elevation at the bottom, ~1800 ft at the top, I will NOT be opening it up as a free-for-all, basically an invite-only on scheduled dates. Small groups only as well as I don't have much parking (if you can park tow rig in King @ Walmart and drive in that would be preferable). Not sure what I'd need to do for liability, but I'd probably have a waiver from each person. Even that I am kind of leery, if I don't feel you are trustworthy you won't be invited back. Trail clearing dates could be set by you assuming I am available (I am available most days or saturdays with a little notice). If it rains (a good bit) within 2-3 days in advance of trail clearing or a ride, the main trails become almost impassable so the ride would be cancelled--my parking area also would be a mudpit at that point.

Trails will ONLY be available to ride to people that help clear them (as long as you aren't a meth head). Can camp as well (no water or power).

There are existing logging roads, one that gets close to the top is blocked by a large fallen oak currently, this specific section of trail is on a pretty serious hill climb (easy for a RZR) that may be kind of sketch in a Jeep, but if someone is willing to try it may not be TOO bad, not real sure honestly. Anything with a longer wheelbase would be OK I think.

I don't imagine there will be more than 5-10 people that are willing to help and actually show up (and maybe only 2-3 per clearing 'day'), that is FINE. A group of 2-3 guys could get a good bit done, if more show up I can show a couple groups the areas that need to be cleared. The easy stuff to clear will be cleared first, but I fully intend to have a trail that runs along the ridgeline of the mountain. There are some very nice obstacles scattered all over, there are also a lot that would be great obstacles but may be too off-camber to access safely.

So, if anyone wants to help clear trails on 2-9 let me know I can be there. My next available Saturday would be the 23rd currently.

To be clear: If you ask to go ride without me being present the answer will be NO. If you leave trash, are disrespectful to another person, myself, or the property you will be asked to leave. If you are a meth head or a dumbass you will be asked to leave. Once there is a 'group' that want to help/ride I will likely keep it to PM's only. The property is gated/locked

I am tied up the next few weeks, but very interested.

Very interested as well. Will likely be busy with moving up from Charlotte in the coming months but would love to get involved on this once the dust settles.

I'm game to help if we can set some dates. Would it be easier to use the first/second times to mark the trails and then cut? That way it doesn't become a free-for-all when cutting trees?

Now you’re using your dipstick Jimmy

I'm game to help if we can set some dates. Would it be easier to use the first/second times to mark the trails and then cut? That way it doesn't become a free-for-all when cutting trees?

Most of the trails already exist, just need small trees cleared out of them. The obstacles are pretty obvious as well, so that won't be hard. I will be there when cutting happens so there will be no fear of going off 'course'.

If anyone wants to schedule for a date just let me know and I will make it happen. Just not the 16th.

I'm down, could probably do the 23rd.

I should be good with the 23rd

I may can depending on dates. I don't really have a rig right now but would be down to show up and be helping hands and bring one extra pair that helps me at my shop (she's my daughter).

I'm moving to Reidsville on the 23rd.Between packing and moving, March is out for me. I can do April 13th if that works out for some others.

3.5 hours from Camden. I would love to come up one day and help out. I will keep an eye on this and see when days are scheduled. I'd likely just throw my saw in the trunk of the Jetta if there was a seat available.

No to to this Saturday, it will be too muddy. Anyone want to come on March 2nd pending weather?

Yeah, if my back yard is any indication, I bet it is going to be a muddy mess for a little while unfortunately. I may be free the 2nd, really depends if stays wet between now and then.

I could probably round a group of guys and buggy’s to come help clear break in the trails we love a challenge lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back