Toyota Doubler Adapters

I ran trail gear adapter for tacoma trans to gear driven reduction box. The seal between my t-case and trans was crap from the start and filled the empty cavity in the back of my Tacoma trans with oil.
Had to put rtv on the trans mount bolts.
Other than that it worked fine.

Ran them all. Built them all dozens of times. Marlin is the original so I say go with the creator just cause he started it and they ship way faster than any of the others. Follow the instructions and use liberal RTV between the box and case. Fill it with two quarts of 75 and drive around the yard then top off the fluid. Get a solid twin case skid to. The flat ones work but my favorite is for sure the girdle style from front range. Clean and super high clearance but exhaust can be a bitch as well as rerouting fuel brake lines slightly to clear the passenger mount.

Im running a Marlin adapter with a TG crossmember skid. There are differences in the two if I recall. Marlin started it so I chose to stick with the original and give my money to a smaller business.

Other than the TG skid being shy on material on one part that leaves a small portion of the case vulnerable I’m pleased. I just added some material where I wanted it. It must be for efficiency of cutting them out of raw material, or they’re stupid.

Here is your chance at the Marlin adapter. It won’t be in stock again for months after this. They are doing pre orders with 10% off.

Here is your chance at the Marlin adapter. It won’t be in stock again for months after this. They are doing pre orders with 10% off.
That’s kind of why I posted this thread was the TG is available all over for WAY less money and Marlin hasn’t been able to give me a straight answer on availability.

Advanced adapters sells the dual adapter and a new crawl box. In stock ready to ship. I love Marlin’s products but you can never get anything from them now days.
fetch

Advanced adapters sells the dual adapter and a new crawl box. In stock ready to ship. I love Marlin’s products but you can never get anything from them now days.
fetch
Is their crawl box a better (stronger) option to a stock box? I have both cases I need so is it worth the money to replace something I already have?

I was sad when inchworm closed shop. Running their v6 to gear case adapter, crawl box and doubler. Nowadays id be into the marlin doubler but stocking issues and Big-Mikes idiocracy with the new Tacoma has been a big turn off. I don't hear of issues with TG doublers. Plenty of people use them.

But for 4.7 gears id go Marlin or Sumo, TG has had failures at the teeth roots, not the best metallurgy or machining.

I think for now I’m keeping stock gears in both cases. For what I’m going to be doing (for now) it will be fine. When it breaks I’ll upgrade accordingly. Given Biden has eliminated gas powered carso_O

I've got a marlin doubler on mine with 4.7 in the case and stock in the adapter. For my money I'd just go with a single 4.7 case. I hardly ever use them both.

Back