tow points on the side?

jdubb

Does anybody have tow points on the side of their rig for rolling back over or pulling diagonally in off camber situations using a snatch block? I am thinking about half way down the frame rail on each side.

I'm thinkin about putting some on mine after this past weekend's roll. Seems like a good idea to me and would have come in handy.

My Jeep is a beater and sliders are not worth the weight to me. I am looking for one of those d-rings shackles that mounts flat with four bolts. Anybody know where to get some? The only slider I would pull from are those welded to the frame and those eat up clearance. My concern (right now) is for spots where you are sliding sideways into a huge rut but you need to keep going uphill. With the side rings you can use a snatch block and pull diagonally.

I've got attachment points on both sides of my vehicle. they are welded to the frame on the side about halfway down. I keep clevis rings in em all the time just in case, but I have never had to use them.....sooo, its currently a good place for clevis storage.:rolleyes:

jdubb said:
The only slider I would pull from are those welded to the frame and those eat up clearance.

Huh?:confused:

jdubb said:
I am looking for one of those d-rings shackles that mounts flat with four bolts. Anybody know where to get some?

I know they have 'em at Agri-supply, and they might have them at Tractor Supply Company.

Northern has those too, maybe smaller than he has in mind but they bolt on. Ring is @ 2 1/2 in. diam.

Back