Torchmate 4400/4800 CNC table with Hypertherm 45xp

marty79

Anyone have one of these tables, looking for first hand reviews before I drop 7K into one. There are several companies in this price range, this one seems to have the best reviews for my needs/wants/uses. Thanks

If there are any better deals, I'm open to suggestions in this price range

Assuming it's used at that price? Hell the plasma alone is 2k. I wouldn't hesitate to drop 7k on a torchmate/hypertherm setup.

I'm likely going to buy a Langmuir Systems Crossfire Pro here soon as its the most cost-effective and doesn't take up tons of space.

@mcutler has a Premier? I think and there 4-7k range I think. Them and Wright CNC are on my list to look at before buying a table.

THat's a new table and all according to their site. Tables are 4800, Hypertherm 45xp adds 2400 plus tax and misc. unless I'm really misreading thier info but I'm pretty positive

Assuming it's used at that price? Hell the plasma alone is 2k. I wouldn't hesitate to drop 7k on a torchmate/hypertherm setup.

I'm likely going to buy a Langmuir Systems Crossfire Pro here soon as its the most cost-effective and doesn't take up tons of space.

@mcutler has a Premier? I think and there 4-7k range I think. Them and Wright CNC are on my list to look at before buying a table.
The premier is ok, it works for what I do. It's not a production table. Had I had more knowledge I woul have spent 2-3g more. The everlast is great though.

Wright has caught some serious flack lately on other socials.

I would look at 6-9 range if I were looking again, not including cutter.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

dang it nevermind LMBO, I feel stupid

Assuming it's used at that price?
ok I guess youre right, lol, I was seeing wrong advertising (wishful thinking I guess).
Well onto my search and please I welcome Any and ALL suggestions in 7K range, can't really go more right now

Langmuir Systems Crossfire Pro
3790...not bad but it's small, I'd like at least to cut a half a sheet for productivity and ease of use. hmmm good price though

The premier is ok, it works for what I do
So you have the Premier Table 4x8 that's roughly $6800 with everything? This is the one I was getting confused with Torchmate lol, oops.
Would love some feedback on overall as this seems to fit my budget and needs possibly. I'm looking to do bumpers, skids, brackets, tabs, nothing over 3/8", mostly 1/4" plate for most parts.

the Premier comes with the Hypertherm 45xp which seems to be a pretty beefy plasma cutter so I'm guessing the "cheaper" part of this whole deal would be in the software and/or electronics? Can I expect a few good solid years to build my business up before having to upgrade the table mechanics

So you have the Premier Table 4x8 that's roughly $6800 with everything? This is the one I was getting confused with Torchmate lol, oops.
Would love some feedback on overall as this seems to fit my budget and needs possibly. I'm looking to do bumpers, skids, brackets, tabs, nothing over 3/8", mostly 1/4" plate for most parts.
the Premier comes with the Hypertherm 45xp which seems to be a pretty beefy plasma cutter so I'm guessing the "cheaper" part of this whole deal would be in the software and/or electronics? Can I expect a few good solid years to build my business up before having to upgrade the table mechanics
Mine is 4x4. Anything HT is good. The share board type wheel trolleys are less than desirable. Linear bearings are much more efficient and have better repeatability.

Mine is 4x4. Anything HT is good. The share board type wheel trolleys are less than desirable. Linear bearings are much more efficient and have better repeatability.

ok cool thank you. Any major drawbacks to it for a "heads up" So far it seems to be the best and only deal in that price range for a full size table that's Turnkey with everything.

ok cool thank you. Any major drawbacks to it for a "heads up" So far it seems to be the best and only deal in that price range for a full size table that's Turnkey with everything.
Jake isn't great at communicating, only respond via text. There's a Facebook group for premier. Unless your doing thin metal artwork, don't fool with THC.

I have a 4x8 Bulltear with CandCNC computer setup (if that's still a thing?). I have a hypertherm 60 for it, I'd consider selling just because I don't have time to use it. Has been nothing but a table for the last 6+ years. Over $12,500 in it. I'd probably take $10k cash just because I am saving up to build a house, trying to get rid of stuff I am not using. If you have never seen a Bulltear they are a beefy setup, I never had an issue with it. Had a Burntables prior to it and I was not a fan of the Burntables.

I have a 4x8 Bulltear with CandCNC computer setup (if that's still a thing?). I have a hypertherm 60 for it, I'd consider selling just because I don't have time to use it. Has been nothing but a table for the last 6+ years. Over $12,500 in it. I'd probably take $10k cash just because I am saving up to build a house, trying to get rid of stuff I am not using. If you have never seen a Bulltear they are a beefy setup, I never had an issue with it. Had a Burntables prior to it and I was not a fan of the Burntables.
thanks for the offer bud. Not sure I could come up with the extra right now unless I "borrow" lol, trying to avoid that.
Unless your doing thin metal artwork, don't fool with THC.
I'm glad you commented on this, I would've thought for everything it would be useful. Having that said, I would like to do some artwork here and there, gift type stuff but that isn't my main focus at all... Without having THC, am I correct to assume you have to set the height of the torch every time you begin cutting? This could get slow/annoying?..unless I'm overthinking it

No. It has a floating Z axis, you set cut and pierce height in there Cam program, once you hit start, the torch will joggle down and touch the metal, and then back up to pierce height.

I've done some thin gauge art with no thc, you just have to babysit it, hell, you have to babysit it anyway.

3790...not bad but it's small, I'd like at least to cut a half a sheet for productivity and ease of use. hmmm good price though

No complaints here from the Langmuir Pro table.

Running it with an everlast plasma.

Plus the way the gantry rails are on y axis, the x axis sides are open. So you can cut a full sheet, as the sheet passes through. You just index your cuts. Essentially you cut the 48x32 area, then slide the sheet 32” (Indexing it) , cut the next 48x 32, slide sheet, index it, and cut the last 48x32.

I have done this once, on a large sign.

Generally for 90% of the stuff, I just load a full sheet, make two cuts at 32” , this way I end up with 3, 32x 48” pieces. Much easier to move around and most parts fit in that 32x 48 area.

For the Langmuir pro,

All the cad/cam is done in fusion, then you post the gcode into Langmuir fire control to make the cut. Pretty simple, just takes some time to get used to fusion, and how to make it do what you want.

Plus tons of YouTube videos that show exactly how, and fb groups for crossfire help, and the langmuir forum also for help.

you just have to babysit it, hell, you have to babysit it anyway.
LOL, thanks for all the input. It's really nice to hear first hand reviews of a tool I'm about to invest in. Thank you for your time sir!!
Generally for 90% of the stuff, I just load a full sheet, make two cuts at 32” , this way I end up with 3, 32x 48” pieces. Much easier to move around and most parts fit in that 32x 48 area.
not a bad option considering I'm a one man team lol, def considering it, would allow me to invest in this plus some other "goodie" lol

LOL, thanks for all the input. It's really nice to hear first hand reviews of a tool I'm about to invest in. Thank you for your time sir!!

not a bad option considering I'm a one man team lol, def considering it, would allow me to invest in this plus some other "goodie" lol

That’s one of the major differences in Langmuir vs the other more expensive stuff.

Other brands typically have their own cad/cam program that’s integrated so you don’t really need to use an independent program for cad/cam work. That’s one of the things that brings a hefty price increase, due to the programming work on the front end.

Langmuir is like the cousin of a home built DIY setup and a commercially available. It’s half between the two.

Meaning DIY, you have to figure out motion controller and software to run it, cad to draw parts, cam to generate tool path, post processor to turn the tool path into gcode that the motion controller reads to move.

Langmuir handles the gcode and motion control while fusion does the cad & cam. Langmuir wrote the post processor you load into fusion to generate the style gcode it’s machine needs.

Other companies either use their own software to do all of that within one program, or combinations of 3rd party programs and I. House stuff.

That’s one of the major differences in Langmuir vs the other more expensive stuff.

Other brands typically have their own cad/cam program that’s integrated so you don’t really need to use an independent program for cad/cam work. That’s one of the things that brings a hefty price increase, due to the programming work on the front end.

Langmuir is like the cousin of a home built DIY setup and a commercially available. It’s half between the two.

Meaning DIY, you have to figure out motion controller and software to run it, cad to draw parts, cam to generate tool path, post processor to turn the tool path into gcode that the motion controller reads to move.

Langmuir handles the gcode and motion control while fusion does the cad & cam. Langmuir wrote the post processor you load into fusion to generate the style gcode it’s machine needs.

Other companies either use their own software to do all of that within one program, or combinations of 3rd party programs and I. House stuff.
Thanks buddy for the knowledge, very informative.

No complaints here from the Langmuir Pro table.

Running it with an everlast plasma.

Plus the way the gantry rails are on y axis, the x axis sides are open. So you can cut a full sheet, as the sheet passes through. You just index your cuts. Essentially you cut the 48x32 area, then slide the sheet 32” (Indexing it) , cut the next 48x 32, slide sheet, index it, and cut the last 48x32.

I have done this once, on a large sign.

For the Langmuir pro,

All the cad/cam is done in fusion, then you post the gcode into Langmuir fire control to make the cut. Pretty simple, just takes some time to get used to fusion, and how to make it do what you want.

Plus tons of YouTube videos that show exactly how, and fb groups for crossfire help, and the langmuir forum also for help.

Glad to hear some first hand feedback on that table. We have the og table of there's at work and my only complaint is not THC and it can be a bit of a pain to keep the table square to the cutter.

Fusion is definitely one of the easier cad programs to use. Not a hard transition if you've ever used SolidWorks or Inventor.

Not plasma but I bought a used CNC router. It has been good to me so far. Has needed very little as opposed to a new machine.

In your price range used would probably be the best. There are plenty of folks out there looking to get rid of a machine that is just sitting.

They are nice. Be ready for a learning curve. It can be steep at times.

Jake isn't great at communicating, only respond via text. There's a Facebook group for premier. Unless your doing thin metal artwork, don't fool with THC.

Torch Height Control? Really. I thought it was the absolute have to have.

Back