Too many accessory wires to the battery...

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
Right now on my jeep I have a few too many accessory wires running to the positive and negative post on my batteries. I am sure this is a fire hazard and if nothing else it is a PITA when I need to change my battery. What are you guys using to make this safer and easier?

Right now on my jeep I have a few too many accessory wires running to the positive and negative post on my batteries. I am sure this is a fire hazard and if nothing else it is a PITA when I need to change my battery. What are you guys using to make this safer and easier?
Junction block. Go to the junkyard, find a 90s model chevy truck, on the firewall passenger side theres a junction block behind a plastic cover. It has 5 3/8" studs spaced about 1/2" apart that are all connected together inside its plastic mounting base. Bolt it under your hood near the battery, feed it through a 100 amp fuse or breaker with 8 gauge wire from the battery and hook all accessories to it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Gm used single stud junction blocks too, mostly on 80s and older vehicles if space is really tight or you dont have too many accessories.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.

I've used Blue sea fuse blocks before and really liked them. Just have to pick the size you want.

ST Blade - Blue Sea Systems

So let me say I am so far away from an engineer it is not funny... I have no idea what I need in relation to the Blue Sea Systems. I have a winch, CB, and two light switches all wired to the battey, so what size do I need?

So let me say I am so far away from an engineer it is not funny...

Engineer: more experienced at what does NOT work than most.....thats the only difference

Winch Must be [my opin] straight to the battery, as it pulls more amps that your engine starter. The CB & other accessories should be going through a fuse block, & sometimes a relay. Relays depend on the amp draw.

Thanks guys.

So let me say I am so far away from an engineer it is not funny... I have no idea what I need in relation to the Blue Sea Systems. I have a winch, CB, and two light switches all wired to the battey, so what size do I need?

6 circuit with cover. You can get the one with the neg bus bar if you'd like to run all the way black for non chassis grounding. The winch will need to stay on the battery buy a pair of mil-spec terminals would be best for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Clay if you want it redone I can do it when you bring the Jeep over for the tcase swap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I've used a 7 circuit auxiliary fuse block (3 constant hot, 4 switched hot) from Painless Performance on my Jeep and my previous tow pig. Easy set up and never had a problem with them. The winch on my Jeep is wired direct to battery with mil-spec terminals, as previously stated.

This is for the TJ right? While not the easiest, but certainly the cleanest route is to get the correct wire terminals to re-pin and use the empty spots in the factory fuse panel under the hood.
But as stated, get the mil-spec terminals, and run the winch straight to the battery.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I bought a spod and mounted the switches in the CD player portion a tuffy center console. Pricy, but made my wiring much cleaner and looks pretty cool. Only accessories run to the battery now are spod and winch.

Back