to the dirt bike guys out there

trevoringle

Just a dirtbike rider with a RZR
wanting to get back into riding again, its been about 7 years since ive riden a dirt bike other than just messin around on some that my buddies have, but just got out of four wheelers about a year ago....been riding on the street since i turned 16 and a half, but after selling the cbr i had and now having a harley im wanting to get back to riding something fast without worrying about tickets and other drivers pulling out in front of me....but to get to the point, like i said i havent rode in a good while so dont really know what would be best, so here it is....in your opinion would it be enough to have a 125 2 stoke or go with a 250f or possible a 250 2 stroke....im about 5' 10"ish and 180lbs, only wanting to mainly ride trails fast with just hitting some jumps now and again but not racing motocross anytime soon if i even do

I am the same size as you and I ride a kx250 and love it....

You would probably be better off with one of the newer f model 4 strokes

thats about the same thing i was thinking....i just know that some that have 250f's say a lot of time they wish they had just a little more power than go to a 250 2 stroke....but ive rode my cousins 450f and it was just way too much for me to be able to ride in the woods good with

would love to have one of those....but im looking more into used bikes and at good deals instead of jumping onto a brand new one

im about 5' 10"ish and 180lbs,

No way I'd ride a 125 2-stroke on trails at that weight. I'm 6'2 and about 190 lbs and have rode dirt bikes from 11 yrs old until my early 30's. If I was you, I would look for a good used low hour 250 2-stroke. It will be much cheaper to maintain that a newer 4-stroke and have all the power you need.

No way I'd ride a 125 2-stroke on trails at that weight. I'm 6'2 and about 190 lbs and have rode dirt bikes from 11 yrs old until my early 30's. If I was you, I would look for a good used low hour 250 2-stroke. It will be much cheaper to maintain that a newer 4-stroke and have all the power you need.
what he said.....look on craigslist at how many 4strokes have had major engine repair( they aren't but a few years old)and it costs 3 times or more what a total rebuild on a 2stroke does.

i got a 06 kxf250 great shape im thinking of selling how much you wantin to spend

nto enought for that, unless you want about 1500 or less....just really trying to get back int it cheap and see if ill stay with it for a while before i spend a lot

Im the same size as you and ride a 96CR250. If you wouldnt think its a good trail bike you would be wrong. I just raced it at Brushy mountain in the NCHSA Hare Scramble race. It did fantastic. I love my pinger. To hell with the 4 strokes. Way too much up keep.

thats actually what ive been thinking about getting....those mid 90s are priced about what i want to spend, and i dont care to have the newest and best anyways

A year and a half later?

still havent quite had the funds to get back into it yet, but i can tell you right now im not riding an 85....im still keeping an eye out for an older 250 2-stroke

i loved my yz 250 f but got tired of kicking it but i love the 4 stroke low end so i went with a huscavarna 300 e start and i love it

I have a 2005 ttr-230 trail bike In good condition i'm considering selling. I'm 5'11" and 160 lbs. I can scoot around on the trails pretty good. Let me know if you're interested!

I hate to get on the band wagon of offerings but I've got a '02 YZ250F that I haven't ridden much since knee surgery if you are interested. It's been a great bike but my son will be graduating in June and he has gotten too busy to ride with Dad so I would cut it loose. He rides them around the yard to keep the fuel fresh and exercised. Hate to sell it but nobody to ride with anymore.

..im still keeping an eye out for an older 250 2-stroke

I've got a 94 cr250 I'll let go for $1100. It has a new top-end, new reeds, new water pump, and brake pads. Has only been ridden a couple of times since the top end and reeds were replaced, maybe 3 hours. I'm not that good on dirt, and don't really have a good place to ride, so it has just been sitting.

I've got a 94 cr250 I'll let go for $1100. It has a new top-end, new reeds, new water pump, and brake pads. Has only been ridden a couple of times since the top end and reeds were replaced, maybe 3 hours. I'm not that good on dirt, and don't really have a good place to ride, so it has just been sitting.
if you still got it toward when i get my taxes back maybe, just dont have the money right now for that

I'll try to have the carb cleaned out by then.

I'll try to have the carb cleaned out by then.
ill stay in touch and see what we can work out by then, it could possibly be sooner then when i get my tax money back if i could round up some un needed parts laying around to sell haha

Just an update, picked me up an 05 kx250f last weekend....so its time to get back in shape for riding again haha

Back