TJ Clutch

family xj

I need recommendations as to which one to use. I fried it at UWharrie and the wife wants to drive now. I got $270.00 to spend right now. Also need to know where to get it at if you have a recommendation.

Thanks Doug

Stock clutch is pretty good. I got a Daikin (I think thats the name) from Tarheel, they said no one has ever had any complaints about it, it was nothing but trouble for me and I told them so, but I bet they still say they never had any complaints. It was never smooth, would start to loose grip/burn too quickly, and never had any more grip than stock.

I ended replacing it after about 15k miles, got a replacement from ebay, with some name brand parts, and have been quite happy with it over the past 15k miles or so (behind the 4.6L stroker pushing 36's and a 4900lb Jeep). I found the same kit (mines a TJ, so yours may be different), here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...cmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33730QQitemZ8054084947
and you can't beat the price.

Hope that helps

I've got an 02 TJ and my clutch is acting strange, it's very firm to push down the pedal *at times*. Sometimes it takes normal pressure to get the pedal to go to the floor but other times it's VERY firm to get it down. It's a very noticable difference. Any clue as to what might be going on with it ?

I installed a Luk clutch a couple of years ago. It works great. Operates very smoothly, just like stock. I don't have a huge V8 and don't dump the clutch on my jeep so I did not need a centerforce.

Scott

Back